Chapter 11 - The more freinds the more Drama!

Sunday morning after breakfast I get ready to go shopping with Ruby and Flash, when I'm dressed and ready to go Alec is still sound asleep snoring, so I put he's breaky in the fridge and leave him a quick note and head out.

When I arrive at the mall Ruby and Flash are waiting for me outside of Stella's formal fashion, as soon as I spot them, I run towards them greeting them in a hug! Feels like I never see them anymore, I know that's a part of growing up but still doesn't make me miss them any less!

We head into the shop and start picking out clothes to try on and lucky for us the store not long opened, so there are not many customers yet, so we get the red lounges in front of the change rooms all to ourselves!

While Flash is trying on, he's suit, ruby and I are sitting on the lounge talking

" so, I got the memo about the prom theme I love it! And a little birdy told me it was your idea!"

I nod my head smiling at Ruby, I am trying to enjoy my time with them but I still can't get what happened with my parents out of my head! I don't know why I'm letting it get to me so much, I shouldn't be surprised!

I feel ruby nudge me "sorry Ruby, yes it was! I can't take all the credit though; I had a little help from a new friend I made felicity"

Ruby raises a questioning eyebrow " Felicity Clarke!?"

I nod my head

"Felicity, Deans cousin? felicity? who's dating your ex!?"

I continue to nod my head " Yep that's the one, how do you know all this ruby!"

Ruby shakes her head and giving me a playful push on the forehead " better question is how don't you know this!"

I shake my head " where not all up to date with the school's gossip, I had no idea who she was until we went out for milkshakes at the diner and Dean walked in!"

Ruby lets out a loud laugh then quickly covers her mouth to mask it, followed by flash popping he's head out from the dressing rooms curtain " oh Jess, your life is far more interesting them mine!"

Where all laughing now " Well Ruby, if you were at Prom committee, you could of gave me the heads up!"

flash comes walking out of the dressing room " Yes and she was supposed to meet me that night and couldn't make it either!"

Flash sits down next to me wrapping he's arm around mine, " So what do you have to say for yourself!"

Ruby stands up and looks as though she going to burst from excitement!

" Matthew Goodwin asked me to prom!"

Ruby starts jumping up and down squealing with excitement!

Flash and I are up and out of our seats suffocating her in hugs! " omg since when are you two a thing!"

Ruby takes a seat tapping the lounge beckoning us to sit! " well we bumped into each other during a college campus visit a few weeks ago! we've been texting, and Friday when the bell rang, I was heading to prom committee when he asked me out for ice cream! you understand right Jess!"

I nod and place my hand on Ruby's shoulder " of cause I do!"

I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything other than that! I've ditched them heaps of times for Alec! I look over to Flash

" well looks like it will be just me and you flash!"

Flashes face expression is awkward he's looking at Ruby as if unsure what to say to me, it becomes painfully clear he has a date as well!