34. Hotline

"Hello. Welcome to the witch hotline where we can help with warts, brooms, potions, broom mishaps and magical ailments. What sort of bump, lump or goo can I help you with today?" I say greeting the caller.

"Don't you have anything else to say?" Matilda asks with a chuckled sigh.

"I could but what's the fun in that. What can I help you with Tilda?" I ask with my own chuckle.

"Ok well you know that issue Ruth was having a few weeks ago? Well Heath has it now. I have no idea how he got it but he did. What can I give him to clear up his issue?" She asks me. I shake my head lightly.

"I don't think its exactly the same thing otherwise he wouldn't have gotten it unless he poked it into her infected scab. If he hasn't done that then its something else entirely and I need to see it." I say to her tapping my nails against the table a few times.

I know she doesn't like what I said. But its the only way he would have that issue there. I'm hoping it is something else for her sake. I can hear her humming slightly, as she thinks about it.

"I'll get him to you for it to get checked." She says with a deep inhale. Its understandable.

"Ok that way we can figure out what he has ok. The sooner the better or there could be irreparable damage done." I inform her trying to help the best I can.

"Thank you." She says. We hang up and I write a small report of what transpired and made a note of them coming in to get him checked.

This job isn't that bad, its an open floor plan with others who answer calls to help identify the issues and help as best we can over the phone. Otherwise they are directed to come in for more information. Most others are on the phone with other affected people.

I get up to get some more water. Its crazy how dry it is in here. I guess most offices are dry though. I sit back at my desk and the phone rings.

"Hello. Welcome to the witch hotline where we can help your lumps, bumps and illnesses with ease. Your ailments are in good hands. How may I help your affected areas today?" I greet.

"Hi I'm having issues with my new broom. It isn't flying straight." The young woman says.

"How new are you with your powers?" I ask kindly.

"Still in early stages of my level. Level 1." She says proud of getting this far already, and she should, not everyone is cut out for having powers.

"Congrats. Brooms can be a tricky things ok. Get to know your broom and its temperament. Some brooms are more easy going while others take a bit more finesse and flair. Your still in the early stages of your own powers, so don't let the broom get to you ok. Keep practicing and soon enough your powers will identify the broom. It will become smoother." I inform her.

Brooms are always tricky, especially for those who are just coming into their powers. It causes the broom to react in a way they dont expect. Practice is always the best way to get better.

"Ok, thank you." She says hanging up. Oh to be so young and curious about the world.

"How many of you have someone coming in at some point today. Raise your hand with the number of different clients." The manager asks us.

One other person raised their hand with me. Thankfully only a few people will be coming in to be checked out.

"Ok good. After lunch you can go down and help at the front when those come." He informs us. Lunch. I quickly ate in the front. Its usually quiet down here since most call about their issues first to see if it is easy to clear up or not. I put my stuff away and as I come back Matilda and Heath come into the shop.

I wave to them with a slight smile. She of course doesn't look happy and he looks embarrassed. She waves back and he gives me a slight nod.

"Come on back I have a room ready." I say waving them back. They follow me to a patient room. I open the door and let them enter the room first. Tilda sits on the chair as he sits up on the cushioned patient table.

"When did you first notice this problem?" I ask sitting in my chair, looking at them both.

They look at each other. Either way it would have had to have been in the last week and a bit.

"I noticed the day before yesterday." Tilda says.

"I've noticed the discomfort maybe last week." Heath says uncomfortable about it. Whether its the bumps and rash or where it could have come from is hard to tell.

"I need to take a look at it. Then I can help." I say motioning for him to take his pants off. He stands up takes off the clothing on his lower half. He holds his shirt up so I can take a look at it. It looks similar to what Ruth had but its also different.

The smell for one is different and this is more swelling. Hmm. Kind of reminds me like an allergic reaction a bit. Not what Ruth had.

"Did you stick your penis somewhere where it shouldn't have gone. Like an anthill or beehive? I know its an odd question but I need to know the truth in order to help you properly." I tell him concerned about his issue.

His face reddens.

"Yes. There was a hole in the wall and it fit around me perfectly. Until I got the burning sensation." He says deeply ashamed.

"Put your pants back on." I say getting what he needs from the shelf. "Use this. It will help with the pain, burning and everything else that's going on. Its an allergic reaction. You may have been bitten by a few termites which in itself isn't harmful. But then I'm guessing you kept itching and touched something else which made it worse. Use the cream and it will make it better." I tell them. They both look relieved. At least they she knows he didn't cheat and him so the pain can go away.

Hopefully next time this won't happen.