22. Angelic Grace

I never believed in an afterlife.

Well I didn't believe in the whole going to heaven or hell afterlife.

Is there something after we die? Maybe but I'm not sure. It could just be a void, a darkness that we wade through until we are reborn or just disappear.

I know we all are different and believe different things. That is fine because we decide what we do or do not like, or do and do not want to believe.

That is until I saw this person standing in front of me. She wasn't there before. She has this white glow around her as her wings fade into her back. Her clothes are finely pressed, and pastel. It suits her. Her aura is drawing me to her and brings me peace. Its calming. I don't generally feel this calming, warmth from a person before. Usually I get a good feeling about a person but this isn't something I'm used to feeling.

I stand up and look at her. She's beautiful. Her features are stunning, hair is bouncy and her skin is smooth. Its something I've always wanted for my skin but something that's always eluded me. I've tried to get my hair that silky sooth looking and skin flawless but she makes it look effortless.

"Where am I?" I ask her curiously. I feel like I should be in awe of her and fear her at the same time.

"You are in the void. A place that is everywhere and no where." She tells me with a voice so sweet it can lull you to sleep.

"Why am I here and who are you?" I ask her. How I ended up in the void is a mystery to me. Though I have a feeling if I stayed here long enough my memory would remind me of what happened.

"I am Azrael. I'm the Angel of Death. Why you're here is a bit more complicated. You were tortured. I am here to help. You are meant to live a long-life Marissa. That man had hurt you to bring you here. Sadly because of that you are now in the void. I will help you get one more chance. Have faith in me. You will survive." She says placing her hand on my forehead.

A bright light emanates from her hand and flows warmth into my body. As the light diminishes; the world comes into view. I hear tiny feet on the lawn approaching me.

"Mommy!" My children yell.

"I'm ok." I tell them as they hug me.

"An ambulance is on the way dear." Jeff says bending down beside me, placing his hand on my cheek. I smile up to him thankful that he's in my life.

"Thank you love. I met an angel and she helped me come back to you all." I say with some tears in my eyes. They smile to me as well.