29. Play

"I can smell your arousal little one."

"Oh, can you now. That would be an interesting trick."

"Its not a trick Vamp."

"Sure, its not dog."

"Wolf actually."

"Like there's a difference. They're both related and you smell like wet dog. Do you every bath beast?"

"That's funny coming from a blood sucking corpse."

With a blink of an eye she was behind me with her arm wrapped around my throat. Damn.

"Even if you could smell my arousal, what's it to you? I'm not that little." She hisses tightening her grip slightly.

"Your tiny, vamp. You're like what 54, thats tiny. There isn't anything for me. I just was drawn here. Drawn to my mate. Low and behold youre here. This feeling of mine, the mate pull makes it my business. You're my mate and that is why it matters, little one." I say to her. Her grip may be firm but I'm not that easy to kill. As she already knows.

"Your joking right? Me your mate. That's a sick joke." She spits as she loosens her grip. I know her feeling towards it. I can't believe shes my mate either.

"I would never joke about someone being a mate. Two pieces of one soul fated for one another. Our souls called out to each other when it sensed the other. Hence your arousal. You can deny it but I am your only mate. One love." I say standing up at my full height of 62. I may tower over her but she's my other half whether its liked or not.

She rolls her eyes at me as she crosses her arms. She sighs knowing I wouldn't lie about something like this. Her kind mate for life as well. Even if its a different way then mine. I thought my mate would be a wolf or a human, not a vampire. But here we are, fated for each other.

"I know." She says with a growl, accepting it faster than I thought she would. "I'm not tiny, your just massive." She says scowling at my height. I shrug not caring. I was born this way.

"It is what it is, nothing I can do about genetics." I say to her as she lets her face relax and puts her hands at her sides. She looks up at me as she takes a step towards me with her hand out.

She's initiating my kinds mate pull. I thought she didn't know that this is the way to really feel the others pull as well. I'm surprised but a bit touched that she's aware of this. I place my hand on hers and feel the pull come forward. My heart races faster and entwines with her soul.

I take a deep breath enjoying the feel of our touch, the feel of her being my mate. My one. Its a rush to have her so close, to want to touch her more and breath in her scent, to want to protect her. Its a sensation most don't get to ever feel in their life. Never getting to meet their mate. Its a fate I'd never wish to anyone.

"We may be mates but this isn't what either of us expected, I know that. Nor would I deny our attraction to one another." She says clearing her throat slightly. However, we need to get to know each other for the sake our sanity. Don't you agree? She asks me unsure of what she really wants.

"I agree. We may be mates and to some that is enough. I'd rather get to know you before jumping into anything." I say. Even if I want to just bend her over, it isn't the best idea right now. Especially since we wanted to kill each other no more then an hour ago.

She nods her head slightly. I can smell the blood she was most likely after before we crossed paths. I bet that's what she wants right now. Though she may want other things to. She smiles softly towards me. I know she's scared and so am I. At least we aren't at each others throats now. I'm glad she didn't deny the mate pull. That would have been devastating.

I nod my head and she goes after her food. Her hunger was getting bad so why should I get in her way of eating.