23. Death by Sea Creature

"I need to talk to Davy Jones now Mere." I say to her from my seat. I look at her, her hair moving with the currents.

"Yes, my Lady." She says with a slight bow of the head, heading towards the exit. I swim over to the place I enjoy to lay. It's a lily leaf that seems to have been molded to me. I lay on it peacefully for the moment.

I really hope he isn't sending his pet after my kind just for the fun of it. Even if it isn't for the fun of it, he shouldn't be letting it come after my kind. I lay my arm across eyes.

Its stressful having the weight of the kingdom on my shoulders. I know its in my blood to rule, I just don't want to let them down. I'm sure at some point any ruler has doubts about their skills. I just want to get this chat over with so I can inform the people and make sure they are doing their best to stay out of the way of the creature.

Worrying does nothing, yet I will worry non the less. I have no idea if Mere will find him easily or not. I hope she finds him soon. I pinch the bridge of my nose as someone knocks. I look over to see who it is. Teddy. His short blonde hair is faintly moving as he comes in. I sit on the edge of the leaf.

"My Lady, we've heard no news yet about any more deaths. I think it has stopped." He informs me.

"Thank you, Teddy." I say to him with a slight smile. He stands in front of me, gives a slight bow as he studies my face. He's always done that since we were young. He doesn't need to study my face.

"You know you don't need to stress and yet you do. Things will work themselves out, you know this yet you still summoned him here to do what exactly? You think talking to him will get his pet in line?" He asks me simply. I roll my eyes as I look out over my kingdom. Not many people will speak plainly like that with me. Most are scared I'd do something if they did. I'm not an unjust ruler I rather have people be blunt then be scared of the unknown.

"I may as well try Teddy. It's better to do that then let it keep killing off our distant cousins, our own kind. Our kind have been hurting at its hands." I say resting my head on the edge of the window.

He places a hand on my shoulder. I look at him and he has a soft smile on his face.

"I know. Whatever happens, happens. Just keep that gorgeous head of yours up." He says with a slight bow of his head. I nod and he leaves. No matter what happens I will do what I always have. Protect my people. Even if its at the cost of me.

It hasn't ever come to that, yet. I look out the window again and see the ship made of the sea. She found him sooner then I thought. I smile half heartedly to myself. Now comes the part that will determine if he's controlling his pet or if the pet is having fun. There's a knock on the door as someone clears their throat. I look and it's Mere looking a little uncomfortable. I can understand why.

The person behind her isn't exactly the friendly type. Part human part sea. The one sailors, pirates and merchants go to when they die out at sea. Some may consider him a myth but he lives and breaths just like us, the Merpeople.

"Thank you Mere." I say giving her a nod to continue her business. "Welcome Davy Jones we have something to discuss. Please come in and take a seat." I say motioning to the couch. He walks in as if he owns the place. Arrogant is just one of the words used to describe him.

"Lets get on with it Remy." He says unhappy that he has to come see me. As if his pet is an inconvenience.

I know he uses his pet to his own will and created it with bits of himself. That's why no one else can control it. Though no one knows what will happen if Davy Jones were to die, if his pets bond will die with him.

"Fine. Has your pet Kraken been sent to kill mermaids, sirens, or mermen? Or is it doing it for fun for whatever reason?" I ask him point blank so we can get on with it.

"I may have created him but I don't always control it. It kills for food. It doesn't eat Merpeople though. I will look into, but don't expect much from it. It eats what gets in his way so I can't guarantee an answer you'd like." He says standing up. I hold back a sigh and grunt.

"Thank you for coming. I do hope that we can get this sorted out and it stop eating my people Jones." I say standing up with him. He gives me a look of disapproval. It isn't up to him how my people get treated if he doesn't like it, his pet will be dealt with.

"Indeed. Good evening Remy." He says as he strides out of my office. I can't tell if he looked pleased or disappointed with that exchange. Either way he's been notified of whats happened and hopefully he deals with it in a timely manner. My people are scared and need answers. Otherwise heads will roll.