Drowning Behind Death's Knocking

Start from the beginning

I woke up in a world surrounded with people who tells me what to do and what not to do, living a programmed life, as if I'd stop breathing if they told me to. I came to learn that saying anything against their words is useless, they would shut my mouth, break my limbs, then repair everything again with magic. If I were to go back now...that life will never change.

Napapagod na akong mabuhay ng ganoon. Hahanapin ko si Caelesti at tatanungin siya ng mga tanong na hindi ko magawang sagutin. I will face her head-on even and I will eventually kill her even at the cost of my own death.

I immediately shifted my head seeing her dagger went straight towards me. Mabilis ito kaya hindi ako nakatakas na walang sugat, tumama ang patalim nito sa gilid ng mukha ko. Nagulat ako makita na nasa unahan ko na siya na nakatutok ang dagger niya sa leeg ko. My heart raced while meeting her glares. Sa likuran ko naman ay isang baril na nakatuon sa ulo ko.

"Cel!" Al shouted in worry.

Nakita ko sa gilid ng mata kong tinutulungan niya ngayon si Iroha na mukhang malalim ang natamong sugat. To think they're actually holding back against their daughters but still manage to hurt them like it's nothing.

"Should I feel honoured that the Northern Saint is in front of me and the Head of the Council currently taking an effort to threaten my life?"

"Enough with your words. Papunta na dito ang mga pinadala kong Elites para maibalik ka kung saan ka nararapat."

"Can't you just take me back?" I challenged.

I know they are currently in a huge pursuit of Caelesti's underlings which escaped a few months ago, that's why they couldn't return just yet. Seems they're desperate to find that woman just as I am.

"Know your place." And along with that cold voice, I was suddenly dropped down to my knees.

It was too fast that my knees suddenly hurt, I could even feel them bleeding. Dark energy crept from the ground and the sight of it terrified me. My heart was racing faster and faster, my breathing was becoming unstable, everything about me is getting uncomfortable. Napasigaw ako nang maramdaman ko ang sakit na nagmumula sa isa kong paa. Hindi ako makagalaw, pakiramdam ko parang hinahati ang mga buto ko sa loob.

"Let her go!" Sigaw ni Al.

"I'm getting tired of that naivety of yours, Allanea. I'm disappointed." The Saint said sighing. "I gave you everything you could have ever wanted and yet here you are, following this girl."

"I never asked for them and you know that!"

"I don't have to ask to know what's best for my own daughter. You merely have to do everything you're told."

"What you want from mine is different." Her face was blank when she said that.

Dark tattoos started crawling from her neck down to her right arm, she's letting her emotions control her mark again. While I noticed the Cursed Mark under the Saint's right eye glowing like a burning fire, throbbing as though it was alive. And that moment, everyone knew she was angry.

Nawala ang masamang enerhiya na nakabalot sa akin kanina lang habang lumalakas ang Saint papunta sa anak niya. Sisigawan ko na sana siya nang mapansin ko ang ginagawa ni Irona. Gumagawa siya ng isang space hindi malayo sa amin, pero nakita ito kaagas ng Council Head na hindi manlang siya nagdalawang-isip na barilin ang anak niya sa paa.