Drowning Behind Death's Knocking

Começar do início

It's been almost a year since we started running away, hindi ako makapaniwala na palagi nalang nila kaming nagagawang sundan. But then again, following a bunch of teenagers isn't exactly hard especially when they have that much power within them. Alam naming tatlo na ito ang isang laban na hindi namin magawang manalo, kaya nung nagkatinginan kami sa isa't isa, agad kaming tumakbo sa may mga kakahuyan.

"Where are you three running off this time?" The voice brought shiver down my spine.

May mga nagliliparang mga daggers ang papunta sa amin ngayon pero mabilis umaksyon si Irona at nagpalabas ng mga spaces para doon mapunta ang mga daggers. But the attacks didn't stop there. Hundreds of bullets came raining down our way and Irona's spaces can't keep up with them.

Nagpalabas ako ng malaking barrier para mapigilan ang mga bala pero natamaan parin sa ilang parte si Al dahil sa kaniya nakatuon ang karamihan kanina. Natamaan din ng mga daggers si Irona that we can't rely on her spaces anymore to get us away.

"Enough with this immaturity." Her loud voice beamed across the woods. "You know this is a battle you cannot win."

"Irona, I've become too lenient on you these past few years." She was playing with the gun then suddenly pointed it on me. "Return or I will shoot."

"You—" I looked at Irona to reassure her it's fine.

"What's the point of that threat? You were planning to kill me anyways."

"We let you lived, you should be grateful rather than influencing our daughters in your stupidity." With a single touch of my barrier, as if it was a mere glass, she broke it down in pieces.

"You let me live because you wanted to use me!" I shouted, angrily. How dare they do something so...twisted?

I didn't know what happened before, but I know things didn't go well enough for them to one-sidedly hunt down that Caelesti woman and now what? Using me to take down something so evil? Who do they see me as? If they won't kill me then they're telling me to die!

Buomg buhay ko natuto akong lumaking mag-isa. I couldn't even be like other children dahil palagi akong bantay-sarado. Ano ba ang nagawa ko para tratuhin nilang parang hayop? I did nothing but training, polishing my skills, and tried to become somebody they wanted me. I wanted freedom, not recognition! I wanted to be a human not a machine!

Until I had enough and ran away hoping to find this Caelesti. Because I knew she had answers why my life is like this. I knew she was the cause of why I had to live in such an exhausting way. Ever since I was a child, I was already blaming her for everything. Siya ang rason kung bakit hindi ko magawang maging normal, kung bakit hindi ko magawa ang mga gusto ko.

I hate her. I didn't even know her but I already feel this urge that I wanted her dead. Perhaps if she did, my life would become normal. They say Caelesti is a traitor, a devil in human skin, a being despised by the world, and even the Gods fear her. Sino ba talaga siya para gawin ang buhay kong ganito? Ano ba ang koneksyon ko sa babaeng iyon?

I didn't care and just did what they kept telling me before, that only I can kill her, but what was the reason? Wala na akong pakealam. Tumigil na ako sa kakaisip ng mga bagay na iyan and started seeing her as a goal in order to claim my freedom. People don't understand how I hate that woman, that I'm probably irrational, that I don't know her enough for me to give her this kind of prejudiced thoughts. Pero wala din silang alam sa mga paghihirap ko.