"Maybe not at the moment but...I'd like to be friends...I think it would be easier on Joe."

"I'm not interested in being your friend, Taylor....even if it would be easier on Joe." She says the last three words slower and with a slight glimmer of anger before turning and continuing her walk down the hall.

Taylor can feel her mouth drop in dibelief as she turns and watches Dani walk off.

~~~

Nick walks out of the school and sees Dani sitting on the steps outside of school waiting for him. "Ready to go?"

She nods and stands up, walking with him to his car. She sits in the passenger seat and after he starts the car she looks over at him with a blank expression. "Can you take me back to your place?"

He smirks and looks over at her. "Wow, you know usually girls say that after they've had a few drinks."

She rolls her eyes. "I need to change, you perv."

He continues smirking as he drives towards his house. "Why do you want to go to The Shack?"

She shrugs and looks over at him. "Why wouldn't I? It's awesome, right?" She smirks and turns to face forward.

"I thought you hated parties."

"It's not a party, it's a club."

He rolls his eyes and glances over at her with a smirk. "Same thing."

"Why does it matter why I want to go? I want to go and that's all you need to know."

"Fine. Don't tell me."

"I won't."

~~~

Joe walks through the front door of his house and drops his bag beside the door before walking into the kitchen. He grabs a soda from the fridge and walks back into the living room and sitting down to watch TV.

Mrs. Adam walks down the stairs. "Joe? Is that you?"

He barely turns his head before shouting towards the direction of the stairs. "Yeah!"

Mrs. Adam walks into the living room and sits down beside Joe with a smile.

He finally gives her a look and says something to break the silence. "Is there something you wanted to talk to me about, mom?"

Mrs. Adam smiles. "I just wanted to see how my boy's doing, I feel like we haven't talked in ages."

Joe snickers and puts the TV on mute, turning to face his mom. "We just talked yesterday, mom."

"Okay...so maybe there is something I had been wondering..." She trails off and he gives her a look, waiting for her question. "I haven't seen Danielle in a while...she used to be here almost everyday after school." He looks away at the mention of Dani's name as his mother gives him another look of concern and curiosity. "Is everything okay between you two?"

He looks back at his mom with just a slight irritation. "Everything's fine, mom."

"Good, I like that girl." She smiles and stands up before turning to walk away. "You should invite her over for dinner one night."

He thinks for a moment before turning to his mother. "Uh, mom?"

She turns around. "Yeah?"

"Would it be alright if I invited somebody else instead?"

She walks back to her son with curiosity. "Like who?"

"Taylor. Taylor Alison. We've become...good friends."

Her eyes widen in surprise. "Oh...like...good friends or...good friends."

He rolls his eyes. "Mom."

She chuckles softly and nods once. "Of course you can invite her over."

He turns back to the TV as she shakes her head with an intrigued smile. "No wonder Danielle hasn't been over here in weeks."

He turns back to her with a confused expression. "What?"

She shows a small smile and leans closer to Joe. "It's obvious that girl has a rather large romantic interest in you, kid."

He rolls his eyes and turns back to the TV. "Mom..don't."

"You don't act too surprised."

"Maybe because I'm not, I know she has feelings for me. She made them pretty clear last Saturday night."

Her eyes widen as she walks back over to the couch and sits down beside him with extreme curiosity. "Really? How did you react?"

He continues starring at the TV. "I didn't."

She sits in silence, waiting for him to continue.

"I told her yesterday that I just wanted to be friends."

She gives him a playful slap across the back of the head. "Now, why would you do something stupid like that?!"

His mouth drops as he reaches up to rub the back of his head before turning to his mother. "Because...I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. I've never had someone that I feel so comfortable around and I don't want to screw that up. Besides, Taylor is amazing...you'll love her." He shows a small smile before turning back to the TV.

"I'm sure I will."

~~~

Nick's sitting in the living room on his couch impatiently waiting for Dani to finish changing in his upstairs bathroom. "Dani! Would you get your ass down here! It's a club, not a freaking date with the president!" He groans and impatiently throws his head back before flipping off the TV and walking over to the bottom of the stairs.

"Chill! I'm done!" She begins walking down the stairs wearing a tight black dress, pumps and heavy make up.

He glances up at her and his mouth drops in shock. She stumbles a bit getting down the stairs but eventually makes it to the bottom floor and sighs looking over at Nick. He looks her up and down with a small smirk. "What did you do? Raid J Lo's closet?"