20 minutes later and his father walks in. He looks to be in his late 50s and wearing a grey tailored suit.
He walks and sits next to his son. With Michael on the other side.
"Hello there David. Nice to finally meet you. I know we have talked on the phone a few times." I say, reaching out my hand so he can shake it. He does it quickly, "Its also nice to finally meet you too. Now I don't mean to be rude, but I have court in the next hour, I want to know what this meeting concerns."
"No I complete understand. We are busy men. Is this the case you been working on with CEO Ethan?" He nods his head. "Oh yeah that is an important one. Well I won't be keeping you long. This concerns your son." I point at Jason.
"What did he do now?" He said in a whisper, but loud enough for me to hear.
"I didn't do anything, this wanna be guy called you here for no fucking reason." Jason yells. "You watch your mouth Jason, do you know who this is?" He looks at me. "This is CEO Kai Martinez." He say sternly. Jason sits up with his mouth open.
"Now that we have been introduced, I have some concern to talk to you about your son and the person he hired at the front desk?" I open the file and read "Elaine Hopper? Said she use to work for you on her resumes." I state.

"Did you say Elaine Hopper use to work for me?" He looks at his son. "I can tell you right now, that Miss. Elaine has never worked for my company. She is simple Jason gold digger girlfriend. She ain't worked a day in her life." He says shocked.
"Oh so not only did you son disrespect me but has no respect for anybody in this building. He also hired her and she also is disrespectful. So I'm going to let you know straight up, your son does not deserve your company. He is lazy, he does not have no respect for anybody, he only cares about himself and if that's what you want as a CEO of your company then go ahead,but once I leave this conference room, your son will no longer be employed with us. I never want someone like him to be working for me. I thrive to hire people that will build my company up, not tear it down. I hope you have another child that is willing to take over." He nods his head.
"My daughter wants to take over the company. She is very strong and knows about this business." He says.
"What is her name?" I say.
"Erika Reid. She just won his first big case." He says proudly of his daughter.
"Oh yes, the one with the 3 gangsters that killed that husband, wife and 3 small kids. I was reading about it. It was a tough case. I didn't know that was your daughter. She is very tough to work that case at the age of 22? Correct." I say, it was true, I was keeping tabs on the case and it was tough. I was confused when I found out a young lady was going to take the case and it was her first case.

"Yes that's my girl. I was hoping to hand my business over to my son next year since it will be me and my wife's 30th anniversary and I wanted to retire. Now since I can't. It messes up my plans." He looks at his with so much disappointment in his eyes.
"Why won't your daughter take over? She is old enough." I asked.
"Well She is actually getting married in 2 months and she wanted to travel for about 3 years with her husband so she didn't want to run a business while enjoying traveling with her new husband."

"Will she take over after her travels?" I asked curiously.
"Yeah I know she would love to. I know she can handle it. Her heart is in it. Unlike my son." He turns to Jason, "I really thought you was taking this serious Jason. I am so disappointed of you. Wait until your mother finds out that we have to cancel out plans for another 4 years because of you. I am almost 60 and all I wanted to do was travel with my wife." He says sadly. I can tell he wanted out. I can tell he wanted to keep this company going into his family. I also knew if he handed this company to his son, it would go bankrupt. But if he handed it to his daughter, and the way I could tell how passionate she was about her job just by that one case. I knew she could handle it and would be a great CEO to continue working with. So I did something we never done before, I offered him something that would benefit both of us and I knew Ethan would like the idea also. It will bring his millions for both companies.

"How would you like to hand your company over to me until your daughter comes back? I will keep it running how it is until she returns and I'll hand it over to her." I said. "You will be able to continue your plans with your wife and I can make you millions before your daughter come back."

"YOU CANT DO THAT FATHER! HE LOOKS LIKE A THUG!" Jason jumps up and yells.

"NOW YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH JASON. KAI MARTINEZ AND HIS PARTNER RUNS THE TOP LAWYER COMPANY IN ALL  ON NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA! HE FATHER IS THE ONE THAT HELP BUILD MY COMPANY! IT WILL BE IN BETTER HANDS THAN YOURS! NOW SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!" His father yells. He then turns to me. "I am so sorry for my son and mine outburst. Now how do I know you will hand it over to my daughter when she returns." He says. And I understand completely why he would question this. This is his company. Every CEO treats their company like It their child. I smile at him.

"I will have my company lawyer write up a contract that states that when your daughter comes back from her travels or when she wants it back, it will lawfully and rightfully be hers. If you consent to this, I will have Michael here set up a meeting with me, you and your daughter for next week to go over the contract and sign it. I will also fly our lawyer in and he can be the witness to this contract signing. But I will state that your son will never be fit to be working for mine or your company in the future." I sternly spoke.

"I agree to the terms. I will see you next week. Thank you." He stand up and shakes my hand. I look at Michael and ask him to walk Mr. Reid out and to fire Jason and Elaine and find someone more suitable for the front desk. He nods and they all walk out. I lean back in the chair and take a deep breath. Imma need a drink after this.

I get up and walk to the elevator and heads into the CEO office. It was very modern and had a beautiful chandelier in the center of the room. With clack couches and a brown marble desk.

 With clack couches and a brown marble desk

I sit in the chair and start working. Michael knocks and comes in.

"Okay, are all the people that have been failing to do their after case review report all here." I ask him. He nods "Yes sir."

"Good, can you schedule each of them to come have a meeting with me. Each 15 minutes apart. The ones that have cases this afternoon, need to come first. I want to see who we are going to need to fire and those who we are going to keep."  

"Yes sir. I will have the first person in here in the next 10 minutes." He says and walks out.

I sign and say to myself,

"This is going to be a long day."