Chapter 20

KAI POV

3 YEARS LATER

Its been four years since Aviana went missing. Its been four years and everything went back to normal. I have been throwing myself into work since the Selena situation 3 years ago. I decided to focus on work more. I hired a P.I to still keep on searching for Aviana but they also came up with nothing. His father decided to retire and handed the company down to Ethan. Which of course he made me a partner. We are current CEO's of Anderson's Law Company.

In the last year, we have opened a few new offices in East of North American. We are currently building three new building in New York, Miami and in Virginia. Expanding has been alot of work. Expanding contracts, building constructors and the focus of hiring new lawyers. Its alot to deal with but we are doing it. Within a year we have tripled our cases and won 3/4th of them. You win some and lose some. Good thing we only lose a few.

Waiting foe Ethan so we can go to lunch togwther, I open a new file and read over it. It deals with a father that attempted to murder his wife in front of his children. Stabbing her 14 times and she still survived.

Ethan walks in and sees me reading over the file. "Are you handleing this one or are you going to hand it over to someone else?"

"Im going to handle it. I see this is going to be a difficult case." I say, closing the file and getting up, puting my jacket on. "So italian or chinese today?" I ask.

"Italian at our regular place." He said. I nod and we walk to the restraunt.

Once seated we ordered our food and talked for awhile. They brung the food out and we ate.

"So any updated about Aviana?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"Well dont give up hope. She is alive somewhere. You will find her." I just nodded my head. "But I need to talk to you about the new building in Virginia?" He said.

"Yeah? What about it?" I asked.

"Well it seems like there is a few issues with some of the lawyers and contracts. The manager there said that most of the lawyers arent sticking to their contracts. That some arent even turning in the important reports aftr the trials. He said something about missing info and not correct resourses for the cases they do."

"How is that my problem? Virginia in your state." I said.

"Thats what Im trying to tell you. I need you to go there and meet with the manager and get this shit out. Fire muthafuckers if you need to. They making us lose hundreds of thousand dollars. I need you to correct the issue." Ethan said.

"And why cant you do it?" I said with a confused look on my face.

"Because I am needed in Texas and ill be stuck there for about a month. I wont have time to get to virginia and deal with that bullshit. " He explained. I shake my head.

I was not trying to go to virginia. I wanted to stay here in California an deal with the case I just received. But I have no choice. Im second CEO and when the first CEO cant make it, I have to. I look at Ethan and roll my eyes. "Okay, when do I need to leave?" I asked.

"Next week." He said.

"Alright. I guess I should call them and have them all prep for my arrival." I said.

"I think you should not call them and I think you should do a pop up. Just to see how unstable and unprepared they are. Then you can see who needs to be fired and everything else. The manager said they slacking over there and Im not about to be losing money over some half ass wanna be lawyers." Ethan was a little angry. But I understand because if we allow this to continue, It will ruin our company image. Other big company like ours will make it look like we dont take it seriously. Like we dont care about our company. We will look like a joke to them.