Chapter 20.: Unexpected Visit

Edited - 3/13/21

Izuku's POV

I stood in front of Kami's body mirror, putting sorts of clothes in front of me looking at what would look better with my black ripped jeans.

Unfortunately, Kami wasn't here. I remember him saying he was having a date night with Kiri. Although it wasn't quite night time yet, it was about 5:00 pm.

I groaned choosing a plain white shirt to go along with the jeans.

Was this a good idea? Thinking rationally, was it? I mean I was the one who blurted out to go on a date with Shoto.

Putting on my shirt I looked back into the mirror, looking at my hair, fixing it in certain places, or at least trying to.

A knock soon echoed through the room. At this point I became nervous. When I opened the door there he was, Shoto in all his glory.

He wore ripped jeans as well, along with a white shirt and over-shirt to complete his overall look. He smelled good, not going to lie.

"Izu."

I smirked we were wearing the same outfit, but he looked ten times better.

"Shoto."

He smiled at me and what I didn't expect was this man to be a full-on gentleman! A bouquet of roses came from behind his back and he delicately handed them to me.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. He was making me special honestly, what are you saying Izuku! You have a full-on man already!

I groaned eternally, hoping it wouldn't come out as a little mumble.

"You really shouldn't have,"

I took the roses from Shoto's hands, smiling brightly at him, and brought them back into the dorm, setting them down on my desk area.

"Wanted to make this special, since last time was a random hookup."

To be honest it was. He wasn't wrong there.

"Well, you succeed."

I smiled and got my dorm key, locking the door before heading out of the dorm.

"What's on the agenda?"

"Hm, well honestly I was thinking of walking around town and just chat since we hardly ever talk and get some ice cream along the way."

"That sounds...quite nice."

Shoto didn't want to bring me to a fancy restaurant and honestly, I was okay with that. If anything I did want to catch up with him since I hasn't been in class in a while.

We walked on the city's pavement, walking past the tall buildings.

"Well for starters, how have you been?"

Shoto asked. I could tell he was nervous. I didn't expect him to be the type that got nervous. He had the strong energy that surrounded him.

"I've been good, how about you?"

Shoto shrugged, not knowing what to say or he was being hesitant.

"I've been alright I guess. Just a lot has been on my mind lately."

"Oh?"

I was now intrigued. What was really on this boy's mind?

"It's nothing."

I noticed that he had put his hands in his pockets and kept looking ahead, trying to take his mind off the topic.

"Shoto, you know you can tell me anything right?"