Chapter 9.: Ruby Red Ferrari

Edited - 3/13/21

Izuku's POV

Two nights ago Kami had come back. It was probably midnight when he had came inside and plopped onto his bed, immediately passing out afterward.

Whatever he does is his business and I don't want to get interfered with it. As long as he came back to the dorm I was okay.

Today was finally Saturday and I got to sleep in. I'm getting further behind though in language arts due to me not having the materials. I had to use Shoto's textbook to get some of the notes done.

When I walked into the bathroom I undressed and quickly took a shower. I had some time to pick out an outfit and think about all the possible questions Kacchan would ask me.

I stood in the shower, having the water run over my face. My nerves were already kicking in and my stomach was flipping all over the place.

This was my first date and I just want it to go well.

I groaned in frustration wanting to back out, but I like Kacchan believe it or not. Even though we just started talking, these past few days have been nice talking to him.

He asks how my day was and then we go from there and I also sense a hint of flirtatious wording when he texts.

I cut off the shower and grab the towel from the toilet, wrapping it around my waist and step out into the foggy bathroom.

It was either now or never. Who knows, maybe this date will end well.

When I walked out of the bathroom I saw Kami. I remember him telling me he was going to get coffee downtown. Lately, he hasn't been in the dorm like he usually has been. It gets quiet and it makes me feel lonely, to be honest.

"So, how do you feel?"

I walk to my dresser and rummage around for good dress clothes.

"Nervous..."

I grabbed some underwear and denim pants, along with a simple shirt. Not classy...which indeed lets everyone know I'm poor.

"Well, in my opinion, you're not going to get recognized by the man himself wearing just that!"

I looked down at the handful of clothes in my arms and sigh. Kami was right...I'm not going to get noticed in such simple clothing.

"What should I wear then? I have no actual good clothes!"

I saw a smirk form on Kami's lips, that's when I knew I shouldn't have asked.

"Leave it up to me."

I went back into the bathroom, shutting the door in the process waiting for the blonde to knock.

"You'll LOVE this Izu! I promise!"

"God I hope he's right..."

Soon a knock was on the bathroom door and I opened it a bit to where I can reach for the clothes.

When Kami handed me the clothes I didn't know how to feel.