Chapter 29: Baby

Zacznij od początku

When he was at reach I took a fistful of of his jumper and yanked him forward crashing out lips together. He stood in between my legs and my other hand held his face. I was so intoxicated I didn't feel his hands grasp my waist and draw me closer. Our kiss ended with a pull to his bottom lip with my teeth. I wrapped my arms around his waist taking in his vanilla scent.

"Baby, let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~

Noah's POV

I was reading the bible to meditate and reflect on recent events. My fingers ran over the X scar on my stomach and it brought me back to that night. The deep burn was reduced to a reddish brown scar that hurt occasionally. I thanked the lord I was still alive because I thought I could've been a dead man. I wriggled my pinky finger finally getting, somewhat, he same feeling I got before.

The emotional pain I felt that night was reproduced and warm tears came down. I rubbed them away furiously as resentment entered for everything that happened and my lack of control. Secretly, I kept thinking the reason Cayden was manhandled was because of me and what I didn't do. How can she even like a coward? Right on cue she called.

"Hey C." I sniffed trying to not sound sad.
"Noah what's wrong?!"
"Nothing I'm fine."
"I'm coming over." She cut the call not letting me protest.

Bare in mind it was 10 pm on a Wednesday, she was still in trouble with her dad and it was a school night. I washed my face erasing all sadness and got into black joggers and a white t-shirt making sure to spray myself considerably with Lynx Africa. She arrived faster than I expected and Elle had opened the door. I ran down the stairs nearly falling and by the time I was down they were having a conversation.

"H-hey." I stuttered getting all shy.

How could I not? Cayden was wearing black leggings, that accentuated her thick thighs and bum, with a grey jumper and black bomber jacket. The way she glanced up me made my heart do flips, without even trying. The way her eyes twinkled got me tripping over my words. Elle looked at the both of us confused at the silent interaction.

"Hey." She smiled. My heart is melting.
"I'm going to leave you guys now." Elle concluded walking off, "Oh Cayden remind Caleb to text me later."
"I will."

When I made sure there was no one lurking around I secured Cayden in my arms warming her cold body with mine. I didn't want to let her go but we had to walk upstairs. In my room she took time to look around, like she'd never been here before, and then sat down beside my lying body.

"What was Elle talking about?" I questioned.
"Oh you know how my brother cut me?" I nodded, "It was because he was talking to your sister and they didn't know who each other were. So when we came round that one time they found out that they were our siblings. So she wanted me to remind him to text her."
"That's so weird. Imagine our siblings are talking on a more than friends level."
"Please stop there."
"And tell me how your such a genius. How did you get past your dad?"
"Oh I told him I was going to Cole's."
"Why Cole?"
"Don't get jealous..." she looked at me with a raised eyebrows.

I frowned. I wasn't jealous at all. I just wanted to know why she would use him and not the other 3. What makes him so important? Her dad probably likes him more than me anyway. It angered me that I was somehow not better than him..... ok so maybe I am jealous. But just a little.

"I am n-" I began to lie.
"Don't lie to me. You know I like you a lot.."
I smiled not even trying to hid my happiness, "Stop being cute." I rolled around.
"So tell me what's up?"
I hesitated, "Nothing." I didn't want to look weak.
She gave me the look of 'stop lying'.
"I'm not lyingggg." I groaned, lying straight through my teeth.
"I swear if you don't tell me in 5 seconds I'm going home. I'm tired."
"Cayden there is no problem."
"5"
"I'm being serious."
"4"
I sighed
"3"
"Please stop."
"2"
"Cayden."
"1"

She got up and walked to the door but just as she was about to open it I had to intervene. "Button stop there." I said deeper than normal.

She froze hand on the handle and turned to face me. I stood up and walked to her and when I was about a metre away I took off my top in a swift motion. Her eyes ran over my chest and stopped at the scar. I took her hand and laid on it the X because it marked the permanent spot.

"I am so sorry. I should've told you straightaway and I should've protected you. This reminds me of a horrible night where you were used because I couldn't be man enough to fight. I wanted- I wanted to help..." I was shaking as I was crying. I didn't even realise, "I want to protect you. But I can't."

All she could do was listen and watch as I was the most vulnerable I had ever been in front of her and whimpered like a baby. All I wanted to was to keep her safe and I couldn't even do that.