Chapter 54- The Talk

Still Prom Night

Clary's P.O.V.

I can't believe how big of an idiot I am. I knew from the moment I saw that video of Josette there was something wrong but Amanda had proof, I never thought that maybe the video was missing something. As soon as Josie told me, I knew the same thing must have happened with Jace so as soon as I left Alec and Josie, I told Izzy I'd see her later and went straight to Jace's room.

I knock on the door and instantly hear his voice. "Oh, so you finally realized that you left your key here to go to your weird not prom with my sister and her..." He opens the door and freezes looking at me before muttering the end of his sentence, "Boy toys. Clary, what are you doing here," he asks breathlessly.

"Umm, I saw Josie and she tried to apologize for the whole Amanda thing when I realized that Amanda had manipulated me. I figured the same thing must have happened with you and then Jo pretty much confirmed that it did so I came to apologize. I've been such a bitch to Alec, Josie, and especially you. I mean Izzy turned against you and Alec for me but I should've trusted you more, it wasn't fair and I played right into Amanda's hand so I'm sorry."

He stares at me for a few minutes and I think he might just close the door in my face but suddenly I'm being pulled into his dorm and into a tight hug. "God Clary, I wanted to explain things so badly but you wouldn't talk to me. I can't even blame you because I never should've said those things but I let Amanda bait me and let my anger get the best of me. I guess us Herondale's have that in common, a horrible temper."

I laugh before hugging him again. "God if only I had let you or Josette explain, we could all be at prom right now." Jace laughs and I give him a confused look.

"I'm gonna let you in on a little secret."

"What?" I ask wondering where this could possibly be going.

"Josie didn't want to go to prom."

I gasp and immediately feel like and idiot for doing so. "But she seemed so excited for it."

"She was excited because she loves when the people she cares about are happy and prom made you and Izzy happy and that made her happy. She said she's been going to prom since 8th grade and it isn't fun anymore, she was just glad that she got to hang out with us."

"Wait so then where is she going tonight because she definately looked like her and Alec were going to prom."

"They're hanging out with her boytoys at her friends multipurpose club dressed for prom I guess."

"Oh, what's a multipurpose club?"

"I have no idea but from what I've gathered having been there it just means he changes what kind of club it is all the time." I laugh and we spend the rest of the night talking. Jace explains the circumstances of why he said what he did and catches me up on his, Josie and Alec's lives while I catch him up on mine and Izzy's. When I start to get tired I tell him I should go before Alec gets back and he tells me that Alec will stay with Josie tonight like he always does when he gets drunk because she never gets hung over, says it's like a miracle so we keep talking and I fall asleep with him on the couch with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me wondering how I ever let this go because of something Amanda did.

A/N Hey guys sorry this chapter is really short I thought it would be longer but It just didn't turn out that way. I know a lot of people aren't big on the drama but that's all I really know how to write but there won't be anymore break-up drama in this book but there is still everything with Amanda so. Thanks for all the votes guys. Hope you keep reading my story.~Jess😘😍