Chapter 6- My New Roommate

Jace's P.O.V.

I thought about Clary all-day today it was like someone took out all the thoughts in my head and replaced them with Clary. I can't believe I didn't notice her at lunch until Izzy said something. Obviously, she thought I was a douche for not introducing myself because she didn't look at me once the entire day even though we have every class together except she takes art with Izzy while I am in piano. I almost asked her to be my partner in French class but Sebastian beat me to it. I was still thinking about Clary when a knock came on my door. I opened it to find Alec standing there. "Hey someone just came to the door and said we are needed in the housing office. I don't know why but we better get going before we get in trouble. I nod and put on some shoes before following him out the door. 

As we walk to the housing office I look at Alec. He escorted that Magnus kid around all day who apparently wasn't a scholarship but is from Indonesia so he came here late and wouldn't be moved in until today. Alec seemed to really hit it off with Magnus and Magnus seemed to really hit it off with Clary but Alec hates her. He wouldn't tell me why all he would say is, "I don't know there's just something about her I don't like." When we arrive at the housing office we see the principle, Magnus, and even more oddly Isabelle. 

"Gentlemen so glad you could join us please take a seat. Now I'm sure you two are aware that Mr. Bane got here late and therefore doesn't have a room and with the room assignments already made we found that we had an empty room that someone would have for themselves and I thought one of you may want it before I give it to Mr. Bane," say Mr. Starkweather

I look at Alec who shrugs his shoulders obviously understanding my unspoken question. "I'll take it Magnus can have my room with Alec." Alec and Magnus both look at each other shocked as though they didn't realize that me taking the room would mean they roomed together.

"Wonderful glad that that is settled.."

"Umm excuse me, Principal Starkweather," interrupts Isabelle. "I get why you called them down here to discuss their room assignment but I don't get why you called me."

"Ah, Ms. Lightwood. I called you down here for a similar reason. One of the students here on scholarship decided that she would like to stay on-campus and being as you ended up with a room all to yourself she will be rooming with you. She will arrive with her stuff tonight and I trust that you will help her settle in."

"Of course Principle Starkweather," Izzy says before leaving the room. Alec, Magnus and I follow. I catch her first only to find her absolutely pissed. "I can't believe that he's sticking me with some stupid scholarship kid. I swear on the Angel that I will kill him if he sticks me with some stupid freshman."

"Relax Izzy. Besides, since when do you care about scholarship kids. You were hanging out with one all day." Alec answers having come up with Magnus.

"Whatever Alec, Screw you." Izzy retorts before storming off. Magnus and I laugh and start heading towards my old room so I can clear my things. Alec stands there for a while looking as though he wants to go after Izzy but eventually follows.

Clary's P.O.V.

It didn't take me long to pack my things. After Jon got done arguing without winning or making any progress, he came and helped me pack up saying he would visit all the time. Simon came over and after hearing the news offered to help me move in. He also said he would buy me stuff to decorate my room with to piss of my roommate. Now we are exiting Lukes car and beginning to take my stuff to my dorm room. I walk down the hallway with my suitcase until I'm finally outside room 249. I knock on the door because the principal said my roommate would give me the key. I hear someone moving on the other side of the door and begin to feel anxious. What if my roommate hates me? What if my roommate is a bitch and I hate her? Suddenly the door opens to a very angry looking Isabelle Lightwood. "Clary?" She asks, her anger changing to confusion. She takes in my suitcase and Luke with a box behind me and breaks out into a grin. "Oh thank the Angel. The principal said I was getting a roommate and I was worried it would be some annoying Freshman."

"Nope it's just annoying old me." I say with a laugh.

"You are not annoying Clary trust me." Izzy offers to help with my stuff and tells me which side of the room is mine and which closet is mine. The room is huge, even bigger than my room at home which is saying a lot. I hear noise outside the door before there is a knock. "It's open." 

"Hey, Clary where do you want us to put these boxes," asks Simon before he and Jon set them on my bed.

"That's fine I have to put my stuff away any how." I'm about to thank them when I realize they aren't paying attension to me. They are both looking at Izzy like she is the most beautiful girl they had ever seen. Simon glances at me and recovers. "I'm Simon. Lewis. Two first names and I'm still talking aren't I?" Izzy giggles before looking at Jon who is still staring slack-jawed.

"Iz, this is my brother Jonathan, and Simon is are best friend. Simon, Jon this is Isabelle Lightwood." Jon mumbles a hello before my mom comes rushing in telling them they need to go because Izzy and I have school in the morning. I hug Jon and Simon before they leave allowing Izzy to "help me" put my clothes away by telling me which clothes I should get rid of. By the time we go to bed Izzy has decided she is going to do my make-up tomorrow and she's already planned out my outfit. Well this should be interesting.