Chapter 52- How Is She Better At Forgiving Than Me?

A/N: Hey guys sorry I haven't written in a while but with Christmas and school I got a little behind but I'm back now with your almost weekly updates. Thanks for the votes and the comments and I will try and make the story less dramatic and the characters less annoying I hope you guys keep reading my story. ~Jess😘😍

Alec's P.O.V.

It's been about a month since Clary and Jace's big fight thanks to Amanda and Prom season is nearing. Josette and I talked it over and we, well she, decided that the reason Amanda went after Clary and Jace's relationship is because she wants Jace to take her to the Junior prom, since I can buy the tickets, so Jace decided that he won't go at all. Josette was not happy about this as she had been planning the night out with Izzy before everything went to hell so I would take Izzy, Magnus would take Clary, and Josie would take Jace but with everything happening now I guess that won't be happening. 

Honestly, I thought that after everything that happened with Jace and Clary, either Clary would realize that Amanda was playing them and forgive Josette and Jace or Jace would have no friends after everything he said to Josette to ruin their relationship but ever since he got kicked out of his lunch table Josette has invited him to sit with us. I felt bad for him but I was still pissed about how he treated Jo but I had nothing on Jake and Zach. They start conversations and pretend Jace doesn't exist while acting as though they can't hear him when he talks. They got better after Josie yelled at them otherwise I honestly think they would've kept it up forever. I have to give Jace credit though. He has a short temper but he never lost it with them no matter how much they did it.

Since Josette decided to forgive Jace, I went to Izzy to try and convince her and Clary that Amanda tricked them but she and Clary didn't want to listen and decided that I was just as bad as "those Herondale siblings" as they called them. They can't be too mad at me though as they are still giving Magnus the cold shoulder for what he did to me.

Speaking of Magnus, with all the forgiveness Josette is capable of, compared with her temper which is worse than Jace's and her ability to hold a grudge for years, I figured I should give it a shot with Magnus. That's how I found myself waiting outside his door on this Saturday morning. It might also have something to do with the fact that I may or may not still be a little drunk from my night with Josette. I never thought I would be a partier but when you're with Josette, she makes everything seem like a good idea. All her moods and thoughts are contagious that's just who she is. I think that's why Iz and Clary stay clear of her because they think if she is around them too long she'll convince them to forgive her. 

My thoughts are interrupted when Magnus's door opens. "Alexander," he questions in a tired voice that I can't help but think sounds extremely attractive and reminds me of when I would wake up next to him.

I shake away the thoughts and answer him, "Yeah, can you talk?" He still looks confused but opens his door wider as a gesture to come inside. As I walk inside I take a seat on a chair he has at the side of his room. Being as it is a single and he isn't going to inherit the school, his room isn't as big as Josie's nor does it have a small kitchen area. It is a simple room that you would see in a college dorm as that would typically have to beds but one and been replaced by a few chairs instead. 

Magnus follows my lead and sits in a chair across from me before looking at me expectantly. "Look, I know that I slightly over-reacted about everything. I was angry you didn't tell me about you and Josette and I was angry you lied. I would've forgiven you about lying but you acted like it was all Jo's fault and you weren't avoiding telling me about it. Obviously it isn't a big deal now or she wouldn't have mentioned it so casually so I came to say that I accept your apology and I apologize myself." I look up only now realizing that I was giving me apology to the floor to see Magnus's face go from confusion to slight amusement.

"Not that I'm not glad you forgive me but I never actually got the chance to apologize."

Now I'm the one confused. "You didn't?"

"No, I'm pretty sure I would've remembered that."

I think about it for a while until I realize, "When I forgave Josette, her first instinct was to defend you and make sure I understood what you did. I guess my mind just morphed it into you apologizing, one way or another whether you feel the need to apologize or not, I forgive you, I should have thought about things from your perspective as Josette would say."

"So is she the one I have to thank for this epiphany?"

"Not completely. I'm not sure if she even knows I'm here, she was sleeping when I left," I see a look I don't quite understand cross Magnus's face before it goes back to normal. "It's just, I don't know if you heard about everything with her, Jace, Clary, and Amanda but things have been pretty bad and Jace said some pretty shitty things to her but as soon as the same thing happened to Jace she was there for him making sure he didn't feel as bad as she did and I couldn't help but admire her ability to forgive him despite the fact that she can hold a grudge better than anybody." He laughs at that and I can't help but miss that laugh. "Anyway, obviously things can't go back to the way they were before but I miss you so much Magnus so I was hoping maybe you wanted to get back together."

I watch as all the humor leaves his face as he becomes completely serious. "I'm glad you came here Alexander, and you have no idea how happy I am that we are friends again but I think that's all we can be right now, friends. I don't want to lose you over something this little again. I'm sorry Alexander." 

I feel devastated but I try not to let it show and I again can't help but envy Josette and the way she can just make her face show whatever emotion she wished I try and keep my voice from cracking as I look at Magnus, "No, it's ok I get it. Umm, I should probably go because I didn't leave a note for Jo or anything and she probably has a hangover so..."

Magnus snorts. "I doubt it. I don't think that girl has ever had a hangover in her life. One time Jake, Zach and I thought we had finally got her drunk enough for a hangover because she said her head hurt but it turned out that she only had the flu so." I nod awkwardly before reaching the door to make my exit and I can't help but wonder if Magnus and I will ever be more than "just friends" after this.

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter shoutout to @kbl55429 for all the comments and the request for the Malec talk I promised was coming. I really hope you enjoyed it.