Chapter 24- Not A Date (Part 2)

Jace's P.O.V.

Today has to be the weirdest day ever. First Alec came out to what I think he thought was our lunch table but was actually the whole cafeteria so by the end of fifth hour the whole school knew. During passing period before sixth hour, I caught up with Josette as she left our French class. I was asking her if I had a proper reaction to Alec's coming out. She said something about me being a douche for acting like I didn't get told about them last night. I was laughing when I heard a familiar blood boiling voice say, "I guess we shouldn't really be surprised Lightwood is a fag." I stop laughing at look at the same football player that I decided must die now. I'm about to punch him but Josette beats me to it. I see her jack him in the face and then so fast I can't tell you how she did it, she got the football player, who even as a freshman was twice her size and she was in heels, on the ground.

"What did you say dipshit?" He tries to respond but he can't through the heel digging into his throat. "I don't ever want to hear you even say Alexander Lightwoods name ever again do you hear me and if I do I'll kick your ass. You know what if I hear anyone say shit about Alec or Magnus your dead. So you better make sure nobody says anything about Alec or Magnus again or I'll assume it's your fault and find you and kill you. Take a good look at my face so you know I'm not bluffing. Got it?" He nods and she lets him up sending him off telling him to scram.

I look at her in surprise before telling her she's a pretty good fighter. She just scowls at me saying, "That's a great compliment too bad I don't care what you think," before sauntering off.

I can't help the surprising guilt I feel but I shake it off as I hear Clary say, "Hey there's this new movie that came out today some action movie that I was going to see with my friend Simon but he wants to take Izzy so I was wondering if you wanted to see it with me tonight." I joke with her about wanting to go to a movie on a Wednesday but she takes it seriously and says she'll find somebody else. I grab her arm and manage to get her to agree to go to dinner with me too, assuring her it's not a date. I've never taken a girl out on a date but even if Clary didn't want it to be, it was a date in my head. I tell her I'll pick her up from her room at 7. I stop by the housing office getting a pass for a later curfew for both of us before heading to football. When I get into the locker room I see that stupid freshman sporting a pretty amazing black eye and can't help but wonder where Josie learned to fight like that and why.

After football, I head to my dorm and shower there before throwing on jeans and a nice shirt and then head to Clary's room. When she opens the door my jaw drops. She's wearing a mini skirt that goes to her mid-thigh and a shirt that shows off the cleavage I didn't think she had. I hold out my arm and she hooks hers through mine as we walk out of the school and towards my favorite Italian restaurant. And 30 minutes later Clary and I have our food and are enjoying the meal. I asked Clary about her art and she talked about it the whole way here and until our food came. I love watching her talk about art. I hate it but the way her entire face light up as she talks about it makes me want to love it just as much as she does. I can't stop staring at her thinking how beautiful she is until I hear someone order their food in perfect Italian effective snapping me out of my staring. I don't speak Italian but this person sounds like they came from Italy and this place is good but I don't think it's authentic Italian and I kinda feel bad for whoever it is until I turn and see Josette. She's sitting at a table with a guy who looks a couple of years out of high school and they are both dressed pretty nice.

I'm glad Clary is eating because it gives me a chance to eavesdrop and I'm glad I did because I think I've just gotten the dirt I was looking for. After the waiter leaves the man laughs at Josette. "So you're ordering my food for me now?"

"Well, you've never been here so I ordered the lasagna it's the best thing on the menu," She answers.

"You didn't get the lasagna and you didn't need to show off by ordering in fluent Italian."

"I was in the mood for spaghetti and of course I have to show off." They both laugh before Josette turns serious. "So the Emerald Dancer huh."

"Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good name."

"I hear it makes a pretty good front."

"Front for what? Money laundering because if you're getting back in the game I'm in, things have been boring since we moved here."

"I'm not getting back in the game but I hear you're still good at procuring items and I need an item procured."

"Sure thing babe, what is it?" I look over and see her lean in and whispers something in his ear. He looks spooked. "Settie are you sure? If you get caught with that.."

"Hell will be rained down upon me I get Eddie can you get it for me or what?"

"Yeah, I know a guy. How much you need."

"At least two months worth." He whistles.

"Relax, it's not for me it's for someone else and I'm not using it for anything bad. Can you get it and I'll pick it up Saturday?"

"Sure you can pick it up from Jake at the club."

"Perfect you're the best."

"You know it baby girl." After this, I decide I'll follow Josette and get enough dirt on her to be rid of her once and for all but for now, I'll make sure Clary has the best time of her life.