XXVIII

Jungkook's perspective:

"Taehyung, you just kissed me."

"Is it not sinking in yet? You're straight and has a 'girlfriend' "

"I'm your best friend, remember?"

***

I don't know what I'm doing.

After that sober kiss, I don't seem to know what I should do.

Sure, maybe Taehyung didn't really meant kissing me like that.

'But why did he even kissed me in the first place..?'

To make me question my sanity more? Because he sure did it perfectly, if that's the case.

What was that all about, anyway? Why did he think pursuing his bad idea that night would do something other than horrible?

There were red flags all over the place. Us being bestfriends, me being gay, him being in a relationship with a girl. But he still did it. Why? What's his reason?

There's so many questions running through my mind after that, but I was a bit scared to hear the answer yet. So I did something that Jimin had commented as 'stupid'.

But it really wasn't such a bad idea, you know.

(Flashback : Two days after the incident that occurred between Tae and Kook)

Third person's perspective ;

"—and so that's why I think Chungha is a real queen and I wouldn't mind if she'll step on my face a hundred times." Jimin finishes, his face stood up proudly as if what he just stated could won over an important debate in Korea.

But that slowly faltered when he noticed that his opponent is not putting up a fight nor even listening at all.

"Well, earth to Jungkook!" Snapping his (smol) hands in front of his friend's face, it effectively caught the latter's attention.

"Sorry, what did you say again?" Jungkook said, looking so spaced out and far from apologetic.

"Nothing," Jimin huffs annoyingly.

"What's up with you today? You look like my brother whenever he contemplates to sell our things so he could buy a new video game—but then he realizes mom wouldn't have a second thoughts on killing him,"

Weirdly specific but, a great comparison nonetheless, Jimin thinks.

"—and so he ends up spacing out like that." He points at the confused looking Jungkook in front of him.

"Are you implying that I look constipated?"

"Well, does Taemin look constipated when he space out?" Jimin asked genuinely and so Jungkook nods.

The shorter guy giggled, causing his eyes to shape into crescents for a bit. "But seriously though, what's up with you? You seem so out of it."

"I don't know either.."

"Since I certainly know you have no life, I'm guessing it's about your 'mighty bestie', Kim Taehyung?" Jimin asked, quite confident that he'd be right about his theory.

"I honestly don't know if you're concerned or you just wanna insult me."

Jimin shrugs, "Both works, not gonna lie." And so the taller guy glared at him halfheartedly.

"But yeah, it's actually about him. Something weird just happened."

"Figured, seeing that you two haven't talked or even spare a glance at each other and it's already lunch time now," Jungkook sighs at the shorter boy's observation. "Anyways, spill."

And so Jungkook told everything that happened last Saturday night, not forgetting even the little details. And Jimin's first thoughts about it?

"Dude, that's gay."

"I'd be lying if I say I'm surprised about your reaction, but that's not really what I wanna hear right now, Chim."

"Right, sorry." Jimin smiled sheepishly for a second.

"But I think you should really talk to him about it, man. Ask him what he's really up to. I'm sure it won't go as bad as you think it would, he's your bestfriend after all." Jimin smiled at him in an encouraging manner.

"First of all don't call me 'man' because it makes me cringe," the latter let out a disgusted hiss.

"And second, I guess you're right. But I feel like I'm just not ready to face the reality yet? Whatever it is going on right now, I have a gut that we won't be getting back to when we used to be just friends who loves to hang out with each other." Jungkook sighed at the thought.

"So what are you planning to do?" Jimin asked him with a hint of worry on his face.

"I dunno.. I may or may not ignore him for the next few days..?"

"Jungkook, honey, can I say that your plan is not one of the smart things you've thought? Well, it's not like you think smart often but, still." Jungkook ignored his underlying insult and just shrugged.

Jimin sighs, "Look, it's dumb, stupid, and a horrible idea kook. Just talk to him now."

Should the younger follow what Jimin told him?

///

(Present day)

Jungkook's perspective ;

And now we're here.

Of course I didn't followed Chim's advice, because I'm a coward. Can you blame me?

With all the rollercoaster that's been happening to me because of my stupid feelings for Tae, and him not helping me either by doing that stupid kiss— that aAARGH!

If it weren't for Jimin and Lisa threatening me, (yes, Lisa eventually found out the whole thing about Tae and I, thanks to Chim's loud mouth) I wouldn't talk to Taehyung this early.

Am I even ready for this so-called talk? I don't really think I am. But I guess I can't really back out now, since I initiated contacting Tae.

"Mr. Jeon! Hi!" I immediately looked where the voice came from.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not call me that? It's embarrassing, Lisa." She just grinned at me and walked by my side.

"Well, where are you heading right now?"

"To the boba shop, I'm meeting Tae in thirty minutes."

"Ooh, cool. You're finally gonna do it, huh?"

I nodded in response. As we make it outside the school, I can't help but to feel my insides being squeezed tightly.

"Look, I know you can do it Mr. Jeon. Don't stress it out too much, your hands are practically shaking." Lisa smiled at me before she bid her goodbye and we parted ways.

When I was in front of the shop already, I looked from outside and saw just a few people there at the moment.

'Maybe I should stall for bit? I mean, it's not exactly 3 yet.. And besides, I don't need to be that early, I might look a bit desperate —'

Too late, fuck.

Taehyung already saw me. He gestured where he's sitting and I had no choice but to just head there and finish this all at once.

I gently walked through his booth, despite my nerves going absolutely haywire.

As soon as I saw his face, my mind went completely blank.

"Hey.."

~~~

re-published coz wattpad messed the sequence up arrgg