Chapter 34.5- Midnight Offer (Part 1)

(Y/n)'s P.o.V.

It had been a day since V had dragged me outside to go on a walk.
As soon as we got back V kept his word and gave me my tablet back, however, since then I had been doing nothing but working.
The fear of Saeran invading the server and the fear of possibly having to be dragged back to Mint Eye was what kept me going.
While Luciel continued to work on ensuring that our location was being protected, I fought against Saeran as he continued to attack the RFA. Saeran's inconsistent break pattern only added to the situation, keeping us essentially trapped in the cabin.
All of a sudden he'd disappear for an hour, then reappear and disappear again for five minutes before coming back, attacking each time with full force.
But since the mid-afternoon,
it had seemed that
Saeran was gone...
Since he had disappeared Luciel went to take a nap while he could, while I continued to defend the
server by setting up more defense, hopefully allowing time for us to leave.
That was the plan, from what I had overheard.
The night before Luciel, V, Vanderwood, and Mc seemed to all be keen on leaving as soon as possible, and it seemed that it would be tomorrow morning
when they all made a break for the city so that they'd be in the safety of the public.
Sighing I stopped typing as I began to think about leaving.

Luciel, V, Vanderwood, Mc... they'd all be leaving... so... I would be too, right?
I asked myself as I felt a sense of nervousness come over me. I didn't have a place to stay... I didn't have money... No family or friends who I would be able to stay with.
If I left with the rest of them...
what would happen to me?
Would I be back on the streets... starving again?
I felt my throat constrict a bit as I remembered the countless nights I spent in the cold.

No matter how hard I tried all I could see myself doing, once they all left, was back on the streets,
fending for myself once more... barley scraping by.
There were only two lives I knew,
on the streets alone,
and, living at Mint Eye.
Neither of which seeming like a viable option, nor were lives I wanted to go back to.
The sound of a door squeaking open was enough to snap me out of my thoughts.

Out from the back room came V, Mc following not too far behind. My (e/c) eyes collided with V's mint green
orbs before I looked back to my
tablet and continued to type away.
Hearing heavy footsteps walk over to me I tried to make myself look as busy as possible,
pushing my fingers to type as fast as they could.
V stood in front of me before speaking up.

"How is it going?" He asked as I continued to type.

"Fine..." I muttered, not in the mood to speak.

"Is the hacker still gone?"
I nodded, "then... how about we go for a walk?"
My fingers suddenly stopped typing as I thought about what I would say.

.

.

.

.

__________________

Word Count: 540