Chapter 33.5- Plans for the Future

(Y/n)'s P.o.V

Staring at the drawings I held in my hand the sudden sound of a door squeaking open was enough to snap me out of the haze I was in.
I looked up and over to where the sound was coming from, only to see the mahogany door which was across the room, slowly open,
behind from which appeared a messy mop of light blue hair.
As V emerged from his room I stared at him,
my mind still cloudy from just waking up.
V stared back at me, his lips opened slightly, his blue orbs locking with my own.
His face read confusion, however that soon disappeared as a smile overcame his lips, his seemingly sleepy demeanor lighting up into his usual bright one.
"Good morning (Y/n)." He hummed, turning around and closing the door behind him.
Once the door was shut he turned back around and began to walk towards me.
Still holding the drawings I began to frantically shove them back into the envelope and into my bag before zipping it up and scrambling to my feet.

"G-good morning!" I replied hastily, dusting myself off as V stood in front of me.

"What were you looking at?" He asked as he glanced towards my bag.

"Some papers I had left in there by accident, old documents..." It was clear that V didn't buy what I was saying but he shrugged it off none the less before looking to the window.

"It's the morning..." he stated as I nodded, soon remembering Saeran and the work that needed to be done.

"Do you know... where my tablet is?"
I asked as V looked back at me.

"I do," V replied bluntly.

"Where is it? It's getting late and I need to--" V let out a soft chuckle, cutting me off mid-sentence.

"It's the morning." He said, "Luciel spent all last night setting up firewalls and protecting the server, so there's no need to be worried."

"But--"

"You should worry less... I know it's easier said than done but..." Looking up at V there I noticed that there was a soft smile across his face as he spoke.
I let out a soft sigh as I looked to the ground.
There was so much to be done, and even if Luciel did set up a few firewalls...
I highly doubt they'd hold Saeran back for every long.
My hands slowly began to curl into fists,
my fingertips pressing themselves into the palms of my hands. Feeling my nails dig into the bandages which coiled around my arms I suddenly felt something brush against the back of my hand.
Snapping out of my thoughts I looked over to see V's hand reaching out and gently brushing against my own.
Subconsciously my hand seemed to relax, my hand uncurling and opening back up.
As soon as my hand opened the slightest bit V took the opportunity to weave his slender fingers in between my own, preventing myself from digging my nails into the palm of my hand.
"How about... we go on a walk outside."
V offered, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.
A mixture of shock and embarrassment soon washed over me.
"If you do, I'll give you your computer back."
Swallowing the ball which had begun to form in my throat my eyes remained glued onto the ground, trying my best to keep my composure.
I began to chew on my inner lip before nodding hesitantly. V let out a soft hum before stepping towards the door, our hands still connected.

"Five minutes...." I said softly,
"five minutes tops...
then...
I want to go back..."
V softly chuckled before replying to my request.

"That's more than enough time..." He said before he opened  the door and walked outside, me, following closely behind.

As we walked I found myself staring at the dirt below me, V's words seeming to stick with me.
That's more than enough time...
they repeated over and over.
I don't get it... I thought to myself.
How does he always seem so content with everything? Even in the worst situations... he always manages to see the light... and always find something to be satisfied with.