Chapter 21- An Anguished Flee

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Those words echoed through my brain.

Then why don't you leave?

Those five words stabbed me over and over. I stared at the door as it slowly shut and listened as his footsteps slowly disappeared in the distance.

Then why don't you leave?

A single tear fell from my eye as those words repeated over and over.

Then why don't you leave?

Why don't you leave?

You leave?

Leave...

.... Fine then...
I thought to myself, as the tear fell from my chin.
I will.

Snapping out of my sadden state I stomped over to the door, twisting the knob I threw the door open before storming out.

Stomping through the halls I made my way back to the room I had been staying in, where, for hours on end I would slave away, doing activity, after activity, without the light of the sun...
without a break.

Protecting a place that I called home.
Protecting a place that never wanted me after all.

I ripped open the door to the room and badged in.

Rushing over to the small twin-sized bed, I opened the laptop which I had been typing away on and opened the camera files. Selecting them all I turned everyone off. Put a lock on it.
Then deleted the whole software altogether.

After all I'd done... this is how I'm repaid? I asked myself as I slammed the laptop shut. Ever since I had stepped foot in Mint Eye, day in and day out, I would work non stop, depriving my body of sleep.

Fine then. If Ray doesn't want me anymore, and I'll be doing slave work for the rest of my life, I guess I'll take your advice.
I thought as I lifted the laptop over my head.

"I'll leave," I said, throwing the laptop to the ground, shattering it into small pieces.

Storming out of the room I bolted down the corridor. Quickly glancing out the window I took notice of the pitch dark sky outside, however, the halls were lit up by the various lights that were on.
It was not past curfew time so the lights had not yet gone off, which meant that if I wanted to escape there'd only be one way of doing so.

With ease I made my way to the development room and managed to hack into it, allowing me to open the door. As the door slowly opened I quickly looked around to make sure Ray was nowhere in sight.
And lucky for me, he was nowhere to be found.

Making my way over to Ray's desk I noticed something that surprised me. I was expecting to see my belongings, as well as my computers, gone by now. I figured the Savior would have disposed of them by now, however, they were still sitting there, just as I had left them.

I should grab a few things. I thought to myself as I grabbed ahold of an old backpack I kept next to my desk. Throwing it onto the desk, I unzipped it and placed my laptop into it, before zipping it back up, throwing the black bag over my shoulder, and walking to Ray's computer.