Chapter 7- The Savior

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I sat there alone with nothing but my thoughts and the stabbing pain in my chest. The one thing that gave me hope that Ray still cared about me was gone, destroyed, now in a bouquet which would be given to the person who was causing all the pain I was feeling.

I had come to Mint Eye in hopes of finding sanctuary and feeling like I had a purpose in life, but more importantly, to find someone who would make me feel needed, to find someone who cared about me.

Tears stopped cascading down my face. Not because I was feeling better, but because I was too tired to continue to cry in a pit of my own despair.Though I was no longer crying my brain continued to torment me. With each passing thought I felt my body become weaker and weaker.

Even though my brain tormented me by telling me how I meant nothing to Ray a small part of me still hoped that he would appear.
That he would walk thought those doors and cradle me in his arms and tell me that everything would be alright. That he would always be here with me and that Mc meant nothing to him. That he was doing in all for the savior.
Part of me knew that wasn't true, the other part of me wished with all of my heart that it would come true.

"Ms. (Y/n)?" I heard someone call out to me. My head shot up as I heard the door open.

"Oh, thank god you're in here, the Savior was looking for y--" the person was cut off by an audible gasp. "Ms. (Y/n), are you okay?!" they asked as they rushed towards me.

"I'm fine." I said as I backed up a little.

"What happened?" the man asked as he knelt down to me.

"It's nothing." I mumbled.

"Were you crying?" I ignored their comment, "you must report to the Savior at on--"

"NO!" I shouted, "I'm fine!"

"But you'r--"

"I said I'm fine." I repeated.

"Why are you bleeding?" they asked.

Bleeding? I asked myself as I looked down to my hands. Up to my for-arms there were scratches, some large, some small, some very deep, some shallow however all of them leaked a crimson red. I sighed, must have been from the rose bushes.

"We must get you heal--"

"Can you get me gloves?" I asked.

"What?"

"Gloves, black gloves. Could you retrieve them for me?"

"Why would you need gloves?"

"Answer me, can you get black gloves?"

"Yes, I suppose so but what f--"

"Don't tell anyone about this, alright? Just go get gloves. I'll take care of myself. Drop them off at the Development Room."

"But I--"

"You are dismissed." the robed man stared at me for a second, questioning my request but after a few seconds he stood up and walked out of the door.