Chapter 20- A Burst of Rage

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"What is going on in here!?" A voice boomed as the door slammed open. "What happened?!"
My eyes widened as the last person who I wanted to see came barging in. The person slowly averted their attention from the room over to me.
"(Y/n)... w-what did you do!?" he shouted, his mint green orbs staring daggers into me. I felt my heart sink as a wave of guilt washed over me.
"I... what...," Ray continued to frantically look around the room, trying to comprehend what exactly was going on. "This.... What...," tears pricked the corner of his eyes as they darted around the room.
"How could you do this!?" he shouted the look of confusion and sadness, twisting into resentment and anger.

"Ray... I...," I muttered, my words getting caught in my throat.

"Why did you do this?" He asked, his hands balling into fists.

"I... I'm sorry...." I said, tears beginning to form in my own eyes.

Are you really about to cry?

"I'M SORRY!?" He shouted, "I'm sorry, isn't going to fix anything!" Ray began to wander through the room, pacing back and forth.
"I can't believe this... after everything I did for you this is how you repay me!?"

All the things he did for you? What about all the things you did for him?

"You've ruined this place. It's destroyed.... You.... Destroyed it....,"

You did what was right.... She destroyed your life.

"You wrecked it!" He continued to shout as he paced around.

You had every right to.... After Mc wrecked your life.

"You've completely ruined Mc's ROOM!"

"Mc's room?" I asked, my hand balling into a fist... "Mc's room.... Really? Did I destroy it? Did I ruin it?
Are you... blind...."

"What are you talking about...." he spat through gritted teeth.

"Do you forget who's room this was originally? Before Mc came this was my room, did you forget that?"

"So what? This was her room a--"

"SHUT UP AND LET ME SPEAK!" I shouted, my head shooting up and glaring at Ray.
"This was my room, Mint Eye was my home, then all of a sudden some random girl pops up and all of a sudden she's treated like a princess!?" I asked, "Do you know what it was like to be me?" I asked, taking a step towards Ray, "Watching everything I knew slowly change in a matter of hours, and within a day losing everything?"

"I lost everything as soon as Mc disappeared,"
he muttered under his breath.

"You had a life before Mc,"

"Not a happy one," those words resonated with me.

Not a happy one.

"So what was I to you then....? A nothing...?" I asked, tears pricking the side of my eyes,
"Answer me.... Be honest with me.... Before Mc was here, what was I to you?"
The room filled with silence.
"Let me ask you something... Ray..." I said, clenching my fist,
"who was it who was there for you when you were upset? Who was your shoulder to cry on if something went wrong?
Who tried everything in their power to make sure you were happy?" I asked, my hand beginning to shake,
"who baked you a cake when you were feeling down? Even now... I did everything to protect you from her..."
a tear fell from my eye as I tried to blink them away.

"Protect me?" my eyes widened, "protect me from who?" I slowly glanced upward as my eyes made contact with Ray's.
"You didn't..." more tears fell from my eyes.
"So you're the reason Mc's gone?" he asked, anger filling his eyes. "It was you the whole time... I should have known..."

"Ra I--"

"You're a traitor!" he shouted.

"Ray please, I just--"

"You just what?" he asked, "What reason did you have that compelled you to do such a thing. I want to know."

I took a deep breath and tried to steady my voice, "I thought I was doing what was best for you..."

"Best for me? Betraying Mint Eye after I brought you here!?" He shouted, "Do you realize what you've done?" with one last glare Ray turned around and took a step towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked, the tears slowing down.

"I don't want to be in the same room as someone who backstabbed me." He spat, his shoes clicking against the floor as he walked closer to the door.

"You don't understand..." I said, "let me explain..." he ignored my words and got closer and closer to the door, "just listen to me please..." I felt my hands begin to shake as he reached out to the door handle, and without thinking, I launched my body forward, "RAY!" I shouted, grabbing onto his sleeve.

"Please.... don't leave me..." I said, tears beginning to fall from my eyes once more.

"Let go of me."

"When you took me off of the streets, a complete stranger, offered them food, a place to work and be safe,
that made me happy.
When you would help teach me everything you knew about hacking,
that made me happy.
Knowing that I was able to make you happy,
made me happy... and all of that changed when Mc came."
I stared intently at the ground as tears flowed down my cheeks and fell from my chin, only to splatter on the tiled floor.
"When she came you stopped talking to me, you rarely paid any attention to me. Call it selfish I don't care."
The tears slowly came to a stop.
"When Mc came everything I knew was gone.
And I felt hurt.
I felt pain.
When you would randomly leave to go see Mc,
when you would get up from breakfast to go give food to Mc,
when you would ignore me because you had your beloved Mc...
knowing that Mc made you happy.
It hurt..."
My voice stopped shaking and I suddenly felt... better, almost.
"You said to me... before I came to Mint Eye, you promised me that I'd be happy...
but I'm not anymore."
The two of us stood in silence for a few moments, tension filling the room.

I stood there, still holding onto Ray's wine red sleeve when all of a sudden five words fell out from his mouth,
.

.

.

.
"then why don't you leave..."

.

.

.

before he opened the door...
and walked away.

_________________________

Word Count: 1068