Chapter 24- Compassionate Empathy

(Quick side note... I know V has bad vision and can barely see out of his left eye, but ignore that for the sake of this chapter)

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I let out a long exasperated sigh as I tossed my backpack off to the side. Leaning back in the chair I had been seated in I glanced over to V, who was still sound asleep.
I had just given him the concoction I mixed together and could already begin seeing changes in his facial expression.
He was no longer sweating and, though slowly, his face seemed to be getting more color to it. I felt a slight smile creep onto my face, satisfied with my work, however that smile soon disappeared once again.
Though I may be safe for now, I had to remember that I hadn't yet earned these people's trust in me.
Luciel was very reluctant to believe me when he first saw me, I thought to myself
Mc surly didn't want anything to do with me, and the brown-haired stranger I'm sure will ignore me.
I knew that earning these people's trust would be no easy task,
but I had to figure out a way,
and fast so that I could truly
escape Mint Eye, and erase my past with the association.
I glanced backward, out the window, and watched as raindrops slowly slid down the transparent glass. The sound of the rain hitting the roof was soothing to me, and, for the first time in a while, I felt at peace.
I was finally away from Mint Eye, from the elixir, from the Savior, from the heartbreak, from Ray... from everything.
I was free.
Though not out of the woods yet, I was free, I had gained my freedom, escaping the cage I had been trapped in, and into the outside world.
I focused my attention on the raindrops which made a steady pitter-patter on the rooftop, I felt myself slowly be cradled into a well-deserved slumber.

V's P.O.V.

Letting out a long groan as I slowly began to wake up.
A throbbing pain engulfed my entire brain, starting at the front it went in waves, like a rippling effect, but instead of bringing tranquility, it brought pain.
I slowly rolled over onto my back as another wave of pain washed over, not only my head, but my entire body as well. I slowly lifted my body upwards, stabilizing myself with my elbow, gritting my teeth as the pain slowly subsided. My eyes slowly fluttered open to see that I was in a bedroom, the same bedroom Luciel insisted me rest in until his friend...
what was did he say his name was?
Vanderwood?
Came to try and help.
I tried to tell him I was fine, but I guess he was right.
I thought to myself as I continued to scan the room. I felt a sort of warmth wash over me as I took notice of the beautiful lighting the full moon was creating. Looking over to the window I soon noticed something, or someone, rather.
I furred my eyebrows together as I studied their features. The person, who I assumed to be female, was wearing what appeared to be a black dress, which hung a little below their knees, and the corner of which seemed to be torn.
To go along with the dress she wore black gloves. Around their mid shin area was what I could only assume was gauze, and the same thing was found around her upper arm.
And though my vision was blurry, I could still see that her (s/t) skin seemed to be painted in splotches of dirt,
and that it also seemed to have a slight gray undertone, from what I can only guess was because of,
lack of nutrients, along with lack of sunlight.
Other than her seemingly rugged appearance she seemed very peaceful looking, her eyes softly shut, her lips just slightly parted, letting out a soft snore,
along with (h/l) (h/c) hair which appeared as though was wet.
If only I could see her better and I had my camera. I told myself, I feel as though this would make a beautiful photograph, especially with this the moon as the light source.
As I continued to stare at the person's calm state a sudden realization hit me and all of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted by ferocious coughs.
The person suddenly jolted awake, eyes shooting open she began looking around her, as if she, herself, did not know where she was.
Then our eyes met, and she let out a sigh. "It's about time you woke up."