Run Boy Run

Will is stuck on the dusty planet, all alone. Trying to survive is difficult, but he's doing his best and waiting for the Resolute to come pick him up.

Meanwhile, on the Resolute, the Robinsons are freaking out, not knowing where Will is. The Robot is trying to help in the only way it knows.

Requested by BlindJaysFlight

A/N: this was hard to do but I hope you enjoy it.

title is from "Run Boy Run" by Woodkid.

~*~

The dust blinded him.

Will was walking through the desert, cloth over his face to try and stop him from breathing in dust. However, it did nothing for his eyes, which were facing the onslaught of dust without any protection.

With a scowl, he treaded on. Usually, it wasn't this bad — the dust, that is. But today the wind seemed to be picking up, and he needed to get back to his shelter before a full blown storm broke out.

The only sound across the sandy plains was the whistling wind and the crunch of rocks under his boots. For a moment, he stopped to squeeze his eyes shut. They watered, trying to clean themselves, before he continued on.

~*~

He got back to his shelter just in time.

As he slipped deeper into the cave, the wind outside howled. He dumped his bag and face cloth down on the large boulder he deemed his 'table'. There wasn't much in the cave, just his bed (made up various scraps of fabric and a cotton-like substance he had collected) and the various rocks that acted as storage spaces.

With sigh, he began to sort through his bag

He had been on this planet for little over a month, if he had counted right. One month since he was left behind, one month this the Resolute (accidentally) left without him in their haste of escaping. One month of him dodging creatures, scavenging food and hunting for water.

One month since he last saw his family.

Very slowly, he took out his water flask — one of the only things he had had on him when the Resolute sped off — and gently dripped the liquid into his eyes. It stung a bit, but after blinking a few times his eyes were clear.

He screwed the lid back on and took out the bag of berries also buried deep in his bag. It was one of the only edible food sources he had found, and had been basically living off it for the past weeks. He opened it and popped a few in his mouth, cringing at the odd taste, before packing everything up again and settling down in his bed.

He closed his eyes, hoping for sleep. Often, it didn't come.

When he had first been left behind, he tried desperately to contact the ship. But the comms weren't designed for such a distance, and the dust clogging it wasn't helping. They would come one day, he knew. Eventually.

The Robot was up there, his family was up there. They wouldn't leave him behind willingly. He was sure of it.

Now he just had to wait.

~*~

"Mom, it's doing the thing again."

Judy heard Penny talk into her comm, but tuned her out to watch the Robot instead. The two sisters had been assigned to watch over the Robot in Wills ... absence. Right now, it had stopped in the middle of hallway, staring out one of the many windows dotting the corridor.