Introspect

She's in too deep now.

Requested by @Billie_2003

A/N: You requested something with Dr. Smith, but didn't say anything specific, so I decided to do an introspect. I hope it's alright!
Also, my stupid dumbass forget to hit 'publish' on this chapter and I didn't realize for THREE MONTHS that is has been sitting in my wip since April, so I'm so so so sorry that it took this long.

Her number one rule in life was put herself before others.
       Yes, people would call her selfish, a coward, cold. But it didn't matter, because will they were trying to save people on a dying Earth, she was in space, alive. Free, from them and their rules and their kindness.
      When they crashed, however, that proved more difficult then she imagined. No longer was she June or Jessica or whatever alias she had adapted to get off the stinking planet, she was Doctor Smith. A therapist, someone who helps people.
A lie.
       But that's what makes her laugh, despite whatever happened. Because she managed to twist a thing that people use to help themselves through trauma and grief and pain caused by people who lied and died and walked away, a good thing, and she twisted into someone sitting behind the curtain, plotting and sneaky and bad.
       And she got to hand to herself, too, because she was a pretty good actress. Actually, scratch that, an amazing actress. She feigned healing people despite manipulating them. She hid tiny, harmful push to bad choices in helpful suggestions. She faked fear in face of the Robot despite only thinking I need this thing on my side.
      Oh, the Robot. The silent, protective bodyguard of little Will Robinson that could turn into a killing machine at any moment. Yes, she needed that thing with her. If she ever was going to get to off this planet (which also dying, if you could believe it), she would need that thing.
      And she did have it, for awhile. Right under her thumb, to use for whatever purpose she desired. But it's partenal instinct was too strong, she guessed. Will Robinson somehow changed the murderous thing into his own guardian angel without even lifting a finger. She nearly sneered at that.
      The boy had it so easy. While she had lived her entire life learning how to turn and twist people for her own gain, that brat managed to get one of the most powerful things in the universe to follow his command, not even purposely!
      She was always planning on how to get that thing back. It's what she did best, after all. She would throw all the Robinsons out of an airlock if it meant the Robot would come back for Will and she could take it.
      Because she was always thinking three steps of aheads of everyone. She evaluated every possible outcome, every positive and negative affect her action would bring and how they would benefit her. She went through her entire life like that, never stopping, because as soon as she did someone would realize her facade and sniff her out.
      Just like Don did. That was one of the only times her plan didn't work out. She expected Don would have died in the storm, cut to ribbons by the chunks of glass. But he lived, that sneaky bastard. And nearly ruined everything for her.
      Her achievements added up for that one slip up, though. Will had worked wonderfully on her plan on getting the robot, but she had to give most of the credit to Angela. She had taken a risk with the woman, too. If she had exposed her for giving her the gun, it would have been over.
      It hadn't been, though. The story kept going, until now. She was at a dead stop. Trapped on a spaceship with the people she had betrayed, unable to escape or do anything. The Robot was dead (not for long, she expected. That thing would always crawl back to Will eventually), and everyone knew of her foils.
She was going to die here.
      She sneered, pushing her darkest fears out of her head. Even now, exposed and broken and trapped, she was plotting. She was getting out of here, Robinsons and Robot and Don be damned. She would not stay here, on display for all her failures. She was not going to die here.
She wanted to live, and nobody was standing in her way.

A/N: again sorry for the long wait I'm a dumbass