Chapter 29 - Who Are You

Start from the beginning

Somehow I forgot.

There is so much shit going on. I just forget about everyone who's gone now. It's slowly becoming a regular experience and feeling.

Lizzie starts to look down.

"Hey, let's go somewhere neither of us has gone to. That way it's a new experience for both of us."

"Erm... I don't really-hey!"
I pull her arm and rush to the Food Market. It's a quarter of the Underground City, so I'm sure we can find a good place.

...

She probably wants sushi, so we need to go toward the Asian restaurant side.

Hmm, let's see...

"What about here?"

She seems a little sad even though she has a smile.

"Nathaniel, these places won't be anything compared to... his. Can we not eat Asian?"

"Oh... Well, erm... Let's have shitty food then."

"Huh?"

"Let's have shittier food to just prove Pico's is the best! Plus, don't you wanna see what it's like not to be rich all the time?"

She scoffs but, shortly after giggles. She stares into my eyes with her absolutely beautiful blue eyes.

"No, Nathaniel. I've never dreamed of being mid-class for a day. That's disgusting and against everything I've ever lived by."

"Come on. See what it's like... Wait, mid-class isn't even bad."

"It is. It really is. I've never been anything but wealthy. Why would I downgrade, stupid."

"Just try it. Today will be on me."

She giggles.

"So you wanna take me on a date... Alright."

She and I smile. I pull her into the restaurant and we sit down at a table.

"Alright."

I look around and this place seems weird. There aren't many waiters, but the restaurant is big. I picked the fanciest looking one I could-
"Hello. Welcome. Eh... What you like... drink?"

"Erm... Water... Just water."

"And for mister?"

"..."

"Get him water."

"Ah, okey."

The waitress leaves...

"Erm... Where is she."

"I don't know. Nathaniel, can we leave, please?"

"What, why?"

"You already embarrassed me and people are looking... I feel uncomfortable. Let's, please, go?"

"Come on just stick it out a little longer. How did I embarrass you?"

"She asked for your drink and you didn't answer her. She barely speaks any fucking English. She shouldn't be hired if she isn't even at least trilingual."

She seems pissed. I grab her hand across the table and she looks into my eyes.

"Just keep going with it, okay?"

"Ugh... Fine. When are they getting our orders?"

"Erm... I don't-"
"He is ya's drinks."

"Thank you."

"Eh, tis is buffet, uh, you get eh, food on you own."

"We know! We will be up in a minute, thank you."