Chapter 54 - Warriors Of Generation Zenith

Ugh...

Where am I?

"You're awake. Can you hear me?"

"Lizzie? What's going on?"

"You've been out for three days, we're home, everyone is okay including Riveck, Mallory, and Pozhar. Right now, just try to relax. You've been in and out of it all day. I think you're forgetting everything when you blackout as I have said this numerous times."

"Damn... Our time together was fucking wasted because of me!"

"Enough! I won't have you regretting shit. I know... I know we lost a bit of time."

Lizzie begins to tear up.

"I'm scared that this might be the last of our time together. I don't want to lose you, Nathaniel. We should spend the rest of our time... together. I love you so much."

"I know, Lizzie. I love you too. We'll win this war, I am sure of it. We have to, for each other and all of our friends... Our family."

"I'm so scared, Nathaniel."

"It's okay. Don't be. As long as we have each other, nothing can stop us."

"I hope so."

"I know so. Lizzie, trust me. Things will be okay."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I know you're right. I just worry sometimes... But-"
"Lizzie!"

"Nathaniel, look. If anything happens... Fuck the military. Fuck the people. Fuck everything. I need you. If we have to run, we run. You are what matters to me. I can't live without you."

"Lizzie."

"I'm serious... We haven't cared about what anyone thinks. That's something you taught me how to do."

"I get it. But, we need to fight. We have to try to end this for good. If there's no hope and we have no chance to survive... Yeah, of course, we will run. I want to live in this world with you, so if that's what it takes, then yeah."

"Just... Please don't risk your life. I know you want to kill Claw, but, it's almost impossible. And even though I know you think you can do it... Just please don't do anything stupid."

"I won't. I promise. So, what time is it?".

"Almost midnight. We don't have to go. Time will still freeze for us but, the General told me personally that we were granted permission to stay home."

"I would still like to go. I want to see everyone."

"Of course. It's no problem; we can go."

"Thank you. You really don't mind?"

"No, I really don't. It's up to you."

Lizzie presses up against me on the bed and snuggles up to my chest. My heart begins to melt and my face burns up.

"I love you and as long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

She does care. After all this time, she wasn't playing me. This is so real. I can't believe I ever hated her. It just doesn't make sense as to what I was thinking back then.

I...

I'm truly in love with her.

.......

"Geez, they're late today."

"It's fine. They are just about to pull up, Nathaniel."

"It's about damn time."

We walk outside to see Rosalin there to greet us.