Chapter Two

Ya know, I had told myself one time, "Hey future self! Never write an xReader book!" ..Welp!... Which is why this is an xHerobrine and NOT an xReader! XD
===================================

.

     Several hours of constant traveling dragged along as you waited impatiently for you to land. The elytra crafts were not on their top game and you could tell. Several years in the military made it easy to spot things like that. That time passed, however, and you landed safely on the ground, closer to home than you have been in years. It's the same sky-port you always met your father at. It doesn't sadden you to be reminded of him however. You had gotten over that years ago. Plus, he died a soldier; the best way to go in your opinion. You sit tightly through a few more mine carts and horse rides, curious as to why you are acting so impatient. Yeah, you haven't seen your family in years. But, you have been trained from almost childhood it seems to stay patient under any and all circumstances. You brush the pondering away entirely when you arrive along the same old trail that leads to your house. You sigh, seeing all the pretty flowers your sister in law must have planted not too long ago. You walk quickly along the trail, but taking time to look at the other shrubbery that has been planted to make the path look much nicer. You even see an archway coated in bright green leafy vines and pink roses ahead. You hadn't told anyone you were coming, thinking it would be a nice little secret.

     Once through the pink flowered archway, you see the old house you used to call home. It has a humble appeal to it. The small, two story, three bedroom home is the same as it always was, just, add a few bright rose bushes and other flowers to that old picture. Sadey sure does like her flowers. It had only been three years ago that they had moved back in with your mom and the place is already so colorful and much more alive looking. But enough about the flowers! Maybe you just find them extra pretty because you have been living in a literal mud pit the last few years. Speaking of which, you are currently wearing a clean set of uniform. It it a one-piecer, so in this weather in order to not overheat you had to unzip the top half and tie the sleeves around your waste. You always wear a white t-shirt and some shorts under these uniforms anyways, so you aren't ever worried about your tummy showing or anything.

     You happily walk up to the front door and knock several times in a row, following a familiar pattern.

     "I got it! I got it!" A young girl shouts excitedly as you hear her run up to the door. You hear it unlock and it cracks open just enough to see a little head poke through, her golden hair falling in her face. She looks up at you and freezes in place, as if looking at a ghost. You wonder for a moment if she even remembers you, when all of a sudden her mouth springs open into a wide smile and she literally screams. "Aunt (Y/n) is here!! Aunt (Y/n) is heeere!!" She shouts. Right after she is done spinning in a circle to tell everyone, she runs up to you and jumps into your arms as you crouch down in order to give her a big hug. She squeezes you tightly for a young girl of only six years old, and you squeeze her just as tightly back.

     "(Y/n), why if it isn't my own goofball! Great to see you here! Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Your older brother Derik walks through the door with arms open wide. You stand and hug him tightly, you both in a little competition to see who can squeeze the tightest. Sadey steps through the doorway as well with a large grin on her face. She too pulls you into a tight hug once you and Derik are done, both of you sure you had won.

     "Well, you see, I just thought it would be a fun little surprise if I showed up uninvited." You smile at the couple before you with a silly smile.

     "Ha, this place is just as much home for you as it is for us!" Derik smiles, leading everyone back inside. Right as you enter, you are bombarded by your mother as she too gives you a very tight squeeze. Man! Maybe that was really where you got your strength!