Chapter Seven

>:O This book has already surpassed my very first finished book in reads, reaching 386, whereas "Stronger Than Legends" only had 385! And sorry for the late update, by the way. I have been working on (previously mentioned)'s sequel: "Betrayal." Have to get past that big initial battle, if ya know what I mean. :]
...Update: it's passed 400 >. <
==================================

Beep, beep, beep.. BRAAAAH!

     Oh my gosh that sound is annoying! You stumble forward just behind your team as the signal to get going is blared at everyone. The place is full of chaotic shouts and an array of colors from pale white to lava red to charcoal black. The smells are of smoke and the odd dry smell of the Wither skeletons which you are racing with. Lava sizzles and pops all around you, however you can't even see any lava. You are panting already and you just started. Your mind swirls. Is this really it? Are we really doing this? Is this, the relay race?.. It is. And your team has to at LEAST not lose.

     Every team has been given a different color ribbon to individually tie to each wrist of the team members, just so everyone knows who's team is who's. You, lucky guys, are the yellow team.

     Though your mind is currently fogged, you know you are running on a racing track, one which lined with a wall of spectators. The only goal your racing mind can think of clearly: to get through the Nether Portal, fast.

     Your mind skips for a moment, and you see the floor shooting up for your face. You brace for impact right away and things begin to steady in your head once again as you take that split second to look around. It is indeed just a straight dashing race, like a runway, with the finish line being the many portals at the end -- one per team. Scurrying up, you look behind you to see you had actually just tripped over a wither skeleton: purple team, who's leg has been cracked and almost crumbling into pieces. It looks rather sad as it desperately attempts to crawl back up as well. You see no one rushing in to stop whoever had done that, likely you were not the unintentional culprit: soooo, accidental harming must be fine in these games. >:}

     Since you were the one behind everyone else at the initial start-off, everyone on your team stares at you with worried expressions as they vanish through the Nether Portal with a yellow wolf block on top. You pounce into the portal as soon as you can, only ahead of maybe one or two other already injured soldiers in training. Wow, this is dangerous!

     "Come on come on come on come on!" Everyone panics as you first step through the other side. Once the portal stops effecting your vision, you can see your team shivering as they pull out a map. The area you have all appeared in is a thick birch forest, the hardest kind of forest to navigate in in your opinion; and a harshly dark night sky rests over you all. Your team aren't necessarily talking to you, since you are more-or-less just a spectator as their team captain, but nonetheless they want everyone in the team, including you, to be close by.

     "Okay, we need to go here, and, grab the 'red poppy,' hm, simple enough." The enderwoman addresses to everyone shorter than her, which is still everyone.

     "Hhh, never underestimate a mission. Expect there to be some giant monster guarding it or something." Sandrah steps in, making all the others swallow hard. You just roll your eyes. Sure, you get what she is saying, but it is highly unlikely that Herobrine will make a monster just for these games.. if he can even make his own mobs. You still have yet to learn very much about him.

     Everyone follows Sandrah and the enderwoman as they lead the way towards the 'x' on the map. You trail behind, looking for any opposing teams. You never know what they might do, unsupervised. Apparently everyone has been handed a different item to get, so if there was ever a hostile run-in, it would be blatant sabotage. After some running, which thankfully doesn't make the overweight zombie pass out, you start seeing distant torch light through the trees in front of you.