Chapter Twenty-Eight

Herobrine sat for you in waiting.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

     You were woken, feeling your body jostle some in bed. Eyes opening, they widened seeing Herobrine crawling over you.

     "Aaa!" You shrieked, hitting him weakly.

     "Easy, easy!.. Didn't know I'd be attacked for simply going to the restroom." Herobrine huff-chuckled, shaking the whole bed as he landed again behind you. You noticed then the open space in front of you. Darkness had returned to the room, meaning it was night all over again.

     "Where is...Anna?"

     "Manfrid instructed she sleep on the couch instead. After all, there is hardly enough space on his bed for the two of us as is." Heat warmed your cold cheeks.

     "Do you... Do you have to still be in this bed..? I mean... I am feeling better."

     "Mm, but not good enough, I'm afraid." An arm fell into the crevasse of your side after the man had draped the purple blanket over the two of you again. You shivered.

     Strange, after so long of living in the military camps where it was often cold and there were few blankets, it wasn't exactly rare to sleep close to the other soldiers..including that of the male kind. This was especially true in trenches when there literally was no place to sleep but the floor, as well as very little space to sleep. Not like you ever got much sleep in such places, but when you did, it was usually in a pile of muddy men all seeking warmth same as you. ...That was why you found this encounter rather odd, because it somehow felt more...intimate than those times. Even removing the bed from the picture and imagining yourself in a ditch, the very fact that this was Herobrine behind you still managed to give you chills. No doubt it was because of his position over you instead of being seen as an equal. But, also, there was something kind of strange you couldn't quite explain either.... Attraction? Heck no! Not in a million years!... But maybe it was something similar? You had no idea! Either way, the experience was one you simply could not ignore.

     "Has it...really been a whole day..?" You whispered out. Herobrine blinked his eyes open, sounding more tired than you as he shifted behind your back.

     "Hm?.. Oh, yes. It has. I..." Yawn. "Burried your monster friends a few hours ago.. Don't really know why; just felt right..." The man yawned behind your ear again. His body was back to producing more heat than normal, you noted. Wondered how he controlled that, exactly. Was it like lighting himself on fire..but mild?

     You shuffled, pulling away from him a little. A hiss returned to your mouth as your body was moved, but you just couldn't stand having your back pressed against the chest of that killer anymore. Not while you were still grieving.

     Herobrine reached his hand out for you, landing it on your hip. "Hey, hey, listen.. I'm sorry, alright? I was quick to anger; I get that... But at the same time, aren't you overreacting a little? I mean, you could have simply attempted to talk me out of it. I would have listened. I-"

     "-Do you realize how terrifying you are..though?" You whispered hollowly as your left hand slowly lifted Herobrine's hand from your hip. He hadn't even noticed where his hand was until you made such a big deal about moving it. He was a little too interested in what you said to comment on your act, though.

     "You mean... You are actually scared of me...not just in your dreams..?" Though he spoke so softly, it could not have helped your inevitable reaction. Your mind was already refreshing your memory with the images of Bart and Mandie dying so tragically before you. The helpless kicks and flailing of Bart before his skull was crushed, which reminded you of a small, innocent child like Anna struggling under his hold... And the desperate gasps of Mandie, who though her lungs fought long and hard...just couldn't find the strength to fight any more. You remembered the scratchiness in your throat as you pleaded for Herobrine to help her. So desperate were you, you begged her very killer for assistance. ....You remembered his cold, dead stare as he simply watched you both in agony.