Chapter Nineteen

A buzzing consumed your mind. All was black. Not a thing in existence. Static settled in your ears. No. Your very brain. There was nothing to see. Nothing to feel. Nothing to comprehend! All was nothing.

     "...You too?..." A sound you could barely comprehend. One from within the same plane of nothingness as you.

Then-

     A flash of something. Lights. Fire? Quickly, it vanished. For longer, there was only nothing.

Then-

     Anna? Where was she going? Again, the single second of view vanished. Again, nothing.

Then-

     No! More fire! More flames! Herobrine stood at your side..or you stood at his. For a moment you wondered if you could take control of your body; thrusting your sword into his unsuspecting side. You couldn't control your body. Nothing..again.

     "...Maybe we can escape...together..?" A sound again in your head, like a breath of fresh air among this dull, non existent reality.

Then-

     General Steve was pressed with his back against some stone wall, terror in his eyes. Behind you fire and explosions shook the air. Slowly, your hand rose involuntarily, a...sword...drenched in blood..on it... Again...darkness... nothingness... consumed you...

     "...Don't forget me..."

Finally-

     Your eyes blinked, but this time by your own command. Wait. You were laying on the floor, tired and bruised. A battle was taking place around you. It appeared you were in a dark Nether brick castle of some kind, but it was, by this point, almost completely destroyed! You swallowed the sooty taste of smoke and ash down your dry and raspy throat. Worried it might, you sent a command to the arm lazily sprawled before you to move. It did, just barely. Your heart leapt with joy! Fidgeting with a few fingers, you slowly began to regain the apparent lost ability to control such muscles. As you slowly learned how to reuse your own body again, crackling, explosions, and two blades crashing against one another crashed through the air. They sounded a lot more distant now, thankfully, so you had time to regain yourself before they returned.

     When you had finally returned to your feet, you looked about your body at the places you felt pain. A few scratches and a couple bruises that might be there for weeks to come, but beyond that, you, thankfully, looked to be in good shape. Now, to catch up on what the heck had happened while you were out!

     "(Y/n)!!" Herobrine called to you as he flew up to you, about to zoom past. "You're alright. Help me out here!" Speeding up to him at an alarming rate, using the remaining bits of the castle to propel himself from, was NOTCH?! The protector himself held a large mallet-like hammer, which he used to SMACK Herobrine into a nearby crumbling beam.  You had to think fast. Herobrine, or Notch? If you chose Herobrine, you might be able to stay undercover and find out more, but why do that when you can just help Notch kill him?!

    Looking at another metric for measuring this, you compared the health of the two. Herobrine, though had just been smacked, was clearly being fueled by his rage, and though he had a few bad bruises and cuts, he was nowhere near giving up just yet! Notch, however, had a massive gash in his side and though trying to put up a strong persona, was clearly weakening by the drop. It was decided. You would help Herobrine. Why? Because it would be a lot easier to make a 'mistake,' letting Notch get away, than to fight against Herobrine, giving Notch the false sense of security and bravery to fight on.

     Decided at last, you leapt into action, jumping between the two of them. North's eyes immediately narrowed, his arm shaking as his grip tightened around the long handle of his weapon. Quickly, as your back was facing Herobrine, you mouthed to the good immortal: "go." His head tilted slightly, but before you could do more, you swung your already broken diamond sword at him, just grazing his beard. "Run." You mouthed again, now with sincere worry in your eyes. You needed to communicate to him that he should leave, without Herobrine seeing you do so. You kept your back to Herobrine even when Notch moved a little to make that hard. He seemed hesitant to raise his weapon to you, only wanting to ask questions now. You didn't let him, continuing to strike at him, barely missing purposefully, while mouthing for him to get out of here with more intensity each time. He didn't seem to be getting the message. At least not until Herobrine decided this confusing fight was taking too long, and jumped in himself to finish it. A quick slice to the confused Notch, and you gasped when you saw even more blood. Now his leg had a massive gash too, and his eyes widened, locking with yours for answers. You mouthed "go" one more time, raising your sword toward him, and this time...he listened. In a flash of bright gold light, Notch was gone. His spilled blood was the only thing that remained.

     "Wh?! (Y/n), why didn't you keep him from escaping?!" Herobrine flailed his arms at the sky. You had no idea what you had been like while hypnotized, and so were worried to even speak. However, Herobrine's disappointed frown demanded answers, and his blazing eyes looked to be prying words from you. Yet, it didn't seem like he was reading your mind... Ohh, was that the thing that guy had warned him?.. Score! Herobrine wouldn't be able to read your mind now, thinking it would disrupt the hypnotization spell you were under! His waiting for an answer though told you he at least expected you to answer him.

     "Sorry, sir. Umm.. I am still recovering from being....hurt?"

     "Again, no need to call me 'sir,' and it really isn't that hard to block his ability to teleport. You just had to keep those same words from that spell in your head as before." Herobrine explained. Gosh...this conversation vaguely resembled the conversations of old when you would accidentally zone out and forget someone was talking to you...Only now, getting a little detail wrong might mean being hypnotized all over again, and you REALLY didn't want that!

     "Uh-m.. Sorry." Rubbing the back of your head in embarrassment. "I...must have lost track after passing out.."

"Hhhh! Okay then. We'll just have to find another way to get rid of that nuisance then! Maybe it's about time I asked for some help.."

     "...Who....?"

     "Oh.." He turned to you again with a smirk this time. "You'll know 'em when you see 'em."