Chapter Sixteen

A chain screeches in complaint as the foot dragging it shuffles along. Sharp huffs break from the man dragging them, very similar chains attached to his wrists. Several, lower stature, men are dressed in dark, thick armor. The prisoner is dressed in a measly baby blue gown and shorts.

     The group arrives at an iron door with no windows showing the room beyond. The horrors that go on behind that door, the prisoner couldn't wish to imagine. As they stop, one of the guards places a firm hand on the taller prisoner's shoulder.

     "Un-hand me!" The chains bounce as the taller of them spins around, blazing eyes fixated on this guard's face. The other man only stares blankly, an almost somber look in his set eyes, knowing full well that the prisoner had no power here, no matter what he did. Realization returning to the haughty prisoner, he turns back around, stiffly preparing himself as the iron door opens ahead of him.

     Inside, two plain chairs stand in a small, plain white room. A single lamp drooped from the scieling. The man in chains took immediate notice of the two to three cameras situated differently within the room. Sitting in the chair opposite to the empty one he guessed he would be sitting in, is a man who looks uncannily similar to himself, besides perhaps appearing twice his age. It is General Steve himself, wearing nothing but a plain blue shirt and casual jean pants.

     "Herobrine." The older man acknowledges him, gesturing with one hand for him to take a seat in the other chair. In the other hand, a pencil was held loosely over a clipboard that sat casually on the mortal's lap. The prisoner scowls at the man and his blank faced but friendly gesture. In the end, the prisoner plops down in the clair, staring at the floor and walls as the two sit in silence. "Hm. Quite the background you have here... Treason, murder, kidnapping, accompanied by many other war crimes. What exactly was going through your head-?"

     "-Can I get an attorney?" The prisoner interrupts, glaring up at the man from the floor only briefly. The general is silent for some time, studying the blank face of the other.

     "...-Would you like something to drink?" Standing up, Steve left the room. Only when he returned, did he have an answer. "You will not receive one until this session is over." Herobrine groaned, returning to staring at the floor, his fingers holding his scalp firmly. "Want one?" Steve offered Herobrine one of the two bottles he had brought in. One was for himself. He half sighed at himself when Herobrine gave no response. In no way would he consider himself a professional in this department...but, he had told everyone else he was probably their safest bet for this interrogation.

     "Alright, what do you want?" Herobrine huffed.

     "Listen, I'm just trying to fill out this piece of paper; you're the one making this hard on yourself." Steve said as he picked up the clipboard he had placed on the floor and gestured to it. Herobrine just stared into one of the three cameras with a blank expression, imagining the person on the other end begin ing to feel unnerved by it. "Hey." Steve snaps his fingers towards the younger man, drawing him out of that...whatever. "Sooo... Let's start with your treason.." Steve lowers his pencil to the paper below, though casually as possible as to not make it seem like he was going to study every word the other spoke, but ready to check off a few necessary boxes.

     "So this is how you repay me?" Herobrine mocked sarcastically as he leaned back in his chair to scratch the wall close behind him.

     "Nobody owes you anything, Herobrine." Steve spoke plainly.

     "You're a fool for thinking they don't!" Thrusting himself back into the position he was before: leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, "It was they who brought treason upon me! I was left to die!" Steve wrote down a single word on that piece of paper, and Herobrine was quiet again.

     Crossing his arms stubbornly, "I know what you are doing here, Steve.."

     "I know you know..." Looking back only briefly, the older man finishes writing something more on the paper. "I am counting on it.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

     "You're kidding me..." Mandie's shoulders drop, as well as her extendable jaw.

     "Nope!" You smile a little at her reaction to the last events of you in that cave, "meeting" a Warden for the first time...hopefully the last time, too. Blart, Billy, and the three zombie piglen are there as well. Even Sandrah snuck in there halfway through your story. Everyone is astonished that there is something that even exists below the bedrock! Well, everyone but Sandrah of course, who appears a bit annoyed, as she leans against a nearby tent pole, that you and Herobrine went down there alone. As much as you tried to explain that the experience was nothing but terrifying, she listened to none of it!

     "See! That's why working for Herobrine is so great! He knows so much about secret worlds I used to know nothing about! I hope to someday work beside him, so he can show me even more!" Mandie squeals.

     "Uhh, Mandie, you do realize you are an Enderman, right?... You can literally teleport." You point out.

     "Yeah, but, everyone knows you can't teleport to places that don't exist!" ...Fair point.

     "But...still.. you don't have to work for Herobrine just to go exploring. Anyone can do that!" You chuckle, really hoping this isn't some revolutionary idea you speak of. Mandie takes it quietly, nodding only a little.

     "Well, Herobrine's the safest bet. He already knows everything about the other realms, whereas we.... not so much." Blart barges in with the twirling of his arms.

     "But that's the fun part; the adventure aspect! Adventure always comes with risk!" You exclaim, making the others think. "Come on, guys! You monsters are acting like a bunch of brainwashed idiots who have never heard of living life outside of Herobrine's rule before!" Maybe...that was a little too far. All seven of them looked offended beyond belief, all of them spouting their arguments against your claims at once...at the same time. You..just block that stuff out. Not like you can listen to them in the first place! After they have spoken for a time, you apologize for your "outburst," retracting the claim of them being "idiots" most of all. You want to at least keep these more trustworthy monsters around. Sandrah.. eh. She just keeps watching g you from afar, like some creepy stalker, waiting for you to mess up so she can get angry. The others, though, have built some trust over the time with you as their group leader. And that's a trust you still want to keep. Still... It wouldn't hurt to bend them to your side eventually, so they end up working with you instead of against you.

.

.

.

===================================
Lol, it has taken me forever to come up with an idea for an update to continue with the story. I still know how this story is going to end...somewhat. I have been changing a few small things lately, so the exact ending is a little blurry. But no need to fear that this book is hurling off into space! I know where I'm going!

But it's been taking me quite a while to get there! XD