initium finis | 1.2.5

Zacznij od początku

Ouch.

"It's not like I wanted to." Hoseok responded back, his voice taking an angrier tone."I didn't want to. I was supposed to. That was all staged. There were no feelings involved in my part!"

"You think I don't know that?" Jimin's voice raised."That's not what I care about. Did you fake it? Or did your lips and his touch? Tell me my eyes deceived me. There were many ways to fake it. To make it an illusion. But you didn't, did you? Fake it."

Hoseok remained silent. Yoongi could see his shoulders tense, him taking deep breaths as if he was trying to reign his temper. The room descended into an uncomfortable silence. Yoongi fought the urge to break the silence, the silence that was threatening to cut them into pieces. After what seemed like forever, Jimin finally spoke.

"Take off your shirt."

Oh no.

Yoongi could faintly feel Hoseok's fear at the mention of those words. "W-what?"

"You heard me. Take off your shirt." Jimin said, crossing his arms.

"Why would I-"

"I'm not dumb Hoseok!" Jimin snapped."I know what happens when matches kiss for the first time. So take off your shirt. Do it."

I have to do something.

"Jimin that's enough." Yoongi heard himself say. He uncovered himself from the shadows. Both Hoseok and Jimin turned towards Yoongi. Hoseok's eyes spelled relief at seeing Yoongi. Jimin's face turned into fury.

"What are you doing here?" he spat, drying his face quickly with his hands."Trying to rub it in that you kissed my boyfriend?"

"Jimin, we didn't kiss." Yoongi stated calmly."I know from the video it looks like it, but we didn't kiss. I would never intrude on your relationship like that."

Yoongi's statement took Jimin aback. His mask of fury dropped, replaced with uncertainty. Hoseok raised his eyebrow at Yoongi.

What are you doing?  he mouthed. Yoongi ignored him and stepped closer to Jimin.  At his action, Jimin tensed.

"All you saw was the camera angle. He didn't actually kiss me." Yoongi restated.

"Prove it." Jimin challenged. Yoongi shook his head.

"Is that how much trust you have in your boyfriend Jimin?" Yoongi questioned."Trust, that if you've been dating for years should be there, regardless of me being in the picture."

Jimin looked taken aback. "I—"

"Although I guess it is natural for you to feel threatened by someone that has such an intimate connection with me." Yoongi said dryly."Maybe you're starting to get insecure. Is that it?"

Jimin's jaw clenched.

Too far.

"In any case, if you really need proof then I guess I can take off my shirt." Yoongi shrugged."It works both ways. If my mark isn't glowing, how could his mark glow?"

"Yoongi."

Yoongi raised his arm at Hoseok as if to silence him. Fortunately, he knew what that meant and he shut up. Yoongi turned back towards Jimin.

"I'm giving you the choice Jimin. Trust your boyfriend or have me take off my shirt which will only prove what little faith if any, you have in him."

Jimin looked at Yoongi, before looking at Hoseok, then back at him once more. He repeated the actions, his expression resonating with trouble. 

"It looked too real to be fake." Jimin finally whispered."How can I not believe he actually kissed you?"

"Jimin, that's what the picture is supposed to do. It's supposed to make it look like we kissed. But I'm telling you, we didn't kiss." he said gently. Hoseok stood there silently, gauging the conversation. "If it didn't look believable then nobody would take those pictures seriously."

Jimin nodded slowly, his jaw finally unclenching. Yoongi sighed inwardly in relief. Seems like his skills hadn't rusted yet.

"Not that I don't trust Hoseok, but can you?" Jimin asked reluctantly. "Just out of curiosity."

Hoseok took a sharp breath. 

"Yoongi, you really don't have to," he said. His tone was measured but Yoongi could hear the edge in it. He didn't want Jimin finding out the truth. He didn't want Jimin to know, to know that he had been unfaithful, even if it had been because he was forced to.

This was why the government had discouraged any type of relationship prior to the matching. All it did was cause hurt and disappointment from both parties.

Yoongi smiled at Jimin before lifting up his shirt. At times like these, Yoongi was glad that he could keep his straight face and be calm at times like these. 

Yoongi tossed his shirt to the side and extended his arms. Jimin's eyes trailed down Yoongi's upper body, pursing his lips. Hoseok stared in wonder, confusion laced in his expression.

"Now do you believe me?"

a/n: update: we're trying to get my internet to work and it ain't working ya'll rip. perfect match is #10 in sope and a blade named desire is #1 like what— i'm shook ya'll thank you for the support like 🥺❤️