Nostalgia

As you walked along the sidewalk, your eyes wandered along all the tall buildings that stood. Skyscrapers, company buildings, apartments and down to smaller structures.

A new season, huh?

You wonder if there would be any huge changes, since you were one of the people who were supposed to be sent home for new changes.

The minor ones get to stay at the manor, those small adjustments will be dealt by the hands themselves.

Anyways..

The reason why you're out is because you hoped to find gifts for the league you worked for temporarily.

Honestly, it was barely called a league. It was only a group consisting of less than a handful of people.

There was Cassius, the sweet thing must've grown up when your 2 new sequels were released. He was 11 when you left for Smash, and for CE 2 and 2.5, he was now 13.
He wanted to be useful so he would find you and buy you what he could reach. You used to believe that you lost your empathy because you've been away from civilization for so long, slaying any monster that crossed your path. You became soft for the boy, which became the root of your maternal nature towards the young ones in Smash.

Eve, as much as how delicate her name sounds, she was the complete opposite. She rarely indulged in such things that girls would like harmless gossip and dressing up.
She would rather go to the market for sturdy metal for her axe, mostly upgrades for her equipment. Her cackle almost resembling the laughter of a burly man, her hugs were suffocating, courtesy of her toned arms.

Dinah, she is Eve's grandmother. Despite her old age, she's still got her spunk. She got you nearly chuckling after how long. She keeps Eve in line, as she also did to Cassius. Smacked you in the head because you were reckless. When you lived with the three, you eventually began to fear the cane. It was rather funny considering the old woman was a lot shorter than you. Whenever she threateningly raise her cane, you would flinch back and scoot at least a few feet away.

Lastly, there's Alekei...

Alekei was... well, he's been with you for as long as you can remember. Because you had no one else to rely on both of you eventually called each other siblings. You found him covered in soot in an abandoned boiler house after you did your first kill. He was scared of you at first. He saw the bloody knife in your hand but he recognized you from the village. Between the both of you, he was the one expressing emotions for the both of you. You would only express yourself around him, albeit rarely but more so than you did to anyone else.

'This gift shop seems to be alright...'

Glancing at the tea aisle, you decided to pick a blend between apple and green tea for Dinah.
You tried apple blends before, it makes you relax because regardless of the blend, the smell of apples seem to come through.

(A/n : There's this Apple/Rooibos blend that I really liked when I visited Scotland.
Scotland is a wonderful place to visit especially the tour. I listened to the whole history of the Jacobite Uprising, I'm amazed that I stayed awake.)

For Cassius, some nice chocolate and a globe will be fine.

Alekei, he might need some enchantments as well. It will be unfair if you're the only one who got any.

For Eve, you need to look elsewhere. You definitely need to buy metal that doesn't rust.

You bought it with all the coins you earned from all the challenges you won.

With only 2 days before departure, you took a bus because you couldn't carry all the metal in one shoulder while carrying lighter gifts on the other hand.

You wonder what it will be like around the mansion once you come back.