Chapter Twenty-Three

A/n  Sorry this is so short.  More of a filler chapter.

Archie POV

I was lost in thought. What was I going to say to Jughead? I couldn't avoid him forever.

I said I was going to help him, but that was before I knew the whole story.  I couldn't bring that baggage back into Betty's life.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a quiet voice.

"Ok Arch, I'm ready to go."

Betty was wearing leggings with a large hoodie. Her hair was down, and her eyes were tired.

"Alrighty then. Let's go get some food."

We walked out into the cool and misty air.

When I reached my truck, I opened the passenger door so she could climb in.

I got in the driver's seat and turned on the engine causing hot air to come from the vents.

Betty fell asleep 1/3 of the way there. I thought it best be to leave her until we reached our destination.

The minute we pulled up to pop's I was greeted with a familiar motorcycle.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

Betty started waking up.

"How long was I out for?" she asked.

"Not long, we just pulled up."

"Ok." She stared at me for a second then said, "What are we waiting for?"

"Nothing." I said with a smile.

I decided in that moment that I wasn't going to bring up the bike. Hopefully he would be off brooding in a corner booth away from the rest of the world. Confrontation wasn't why we were here; we just wanted some fucking breakfast.

A/n Brb