Chapter Eighteen

A/n I was going to wait to post this tomorrow, but why not now? I'm very tired and it is very late so I'm sorry if some of it doesn't make sense.

Betty POV

After I had some time to recover veronica asked, "Do you need anything B?"

I turned my head toward her and said, "I think you know what I need."

She rubbed my back then proceeded to leave.

I can't believe this is happening right now.  Like out of anytime I could have found out pregnant, it's directly after I've left my husband.  My husband that cheated on me!

I mean I thought I had bad luck before.  This just solidifies it.

I just want to sit here forever.  Facing the world sounds too scary. 

I'm humiliated by everything that's happened.  My husband, who I already have a child with; cheated on me and now I'm pregnant with his baby. 

Around 25-30 minutes later I hear the front door open.  Guess it's time to face the music.

Veronica POV

I can't believe that out of every store in Riverdale he had to go there.

You know what?  I'm not surprised.  It's like his life's purpose is pissing me, and the people I care about, off. 

After my angry car ride, I'm finally home. 

When I walk in I see Archie and Jules sitting on the couch watching some cartoon.

I put my bag down and walk over to the bathroom that Betty is, most likely, still sitting in.

When I knock on the door I hear a quiet, "Come in"

I look down at Betty and give her a sad smile.

When she returns the same smile, I go to sit next her.

"Hi B."

"Hi V."

I decide to cut the small talk and bring the test out.

She takes it from me and lets out a long sigh.

I stand up, "I'll be right outside the door B"

She nods not breaking eye contact with the pregnancy test.

A couple minutes later she calls for me and says, "You can come in now."

When I walk in I spot the test sitting on a paper towel.

"What did it say?" I ask.

"I'm not sure yet.  I wanted you with me."

We both look down at it she flips it over.  Positive.

We both look at each other and she begins to cry. 

I embrace her in a hug which she just leans into.  I have no idea what's going to happen.  I've never had to deal with half the stuff she's going through right now.

"B... It's going to be ok.  You have me and Archie.  I'll be with you the entire time.  I promise."

She begins to cry harder.  I have no clue what I could say or do to make this better.  I think for now she just needs a shoulder to cry on.

Betty POV

Positive.  I'm pregnant.

How could this happen?  What are the chances of something like this occurring?

I look at Veronica and see she's doing the same.

I can't hold back my tears anymore.  She brings me into a hug.

If this had happened two days ago we would be celebrating.  But having a baby now?  After cutting off the love of my life and father of my children?  It's too much.

"B... It's going to be ok.  You have me and Archie.  I'll be with you the entire time.  I promise."

I know this should be comforting but it just makes me cry harder.

I can't do this to them.  Make them put their lives on hold because of my mistakes.

A couple minutes later she pulls my head up and says, "I think we should get out of the bathroom now."

I don't know how or why, but this comment brings a smile to my face.  She walks me into the guest room and lays me on the bed.

She sits next to me and starts stroking my hair.

I'm too tired to keep my eyes open any longer

"Goodnight Veronica."

Veronica POV

After a couple minutes I say, "I think we should get out of the bathroom now."

She actually gives me a genuine smile.

Once I have her all tucked in, I begin to stroke her hair.

I can tell she's drifting off.

"Goodnight Veronica."

How could anyone ever hurt such an amazing person as Betty?  Her beauty mesmerizes anyone she meets.  Her smile can light up the darkest of rooms.

He doesn't deserve her, he never has.

A/n Ayyy it's 2:49 AM. I love how I'm so impatient I can't wait a day to post my new chapter. Yay me.

P.S. About to start another chapter rn.