Chapter Twelve

A/n Third chapter of the day. What can I say? I got some momentum going. This chapter is taking place after Betty haas left their house. Hope y'all enjoy.

Betty POV

After a few minutes I began to see the next turn onto Veronica's street.  If I was being honest, I was worried.  I had no idea what I was going to say to them, especially Juliet.  How do I tell a little girl that she's not going to be living in the same house as her father anymore?  I've barely come around to believing it myself.

I parked on the street in front of her house.  Once I was out of the car I went to the backseat to grab our overnight bag so I would have what I need for the time being.  I then locked the car and made my way up the drive.

I wasn't sure if she had gotten Juliet to sleep yet so I decided to text her instead of ringing the bell.

Veronica POV

I received another text from Betty saying she's outside.  I got up from the couch where Juliet was lying down.

When I opened up the door I was faced with a tear stained Betty.  Even at her worst she looked like a Goddess.

I opened the door wider to let her inside.  When I took her backpack from her so I could set it aside she gave a weak, "Thank you."

I hated seeing her like this, but it was better being sad now then living a lie with the fake monster she married so long ago.  She walked into the living room and sat next to Juliet.  She started playing with her hair then turned and said, "Can you put her in the guest room?  I would but I'm basically useless right now."

I gave a small nod and took Juliet into the second bedroom of the house. It had been converted into a guest room since it was just Archie and me living here at the moment. 

After tucking her in neatly underneath the covers I returned to the living room; though it didn't feel the same without the full of life Betty that was usually over.  Now all I saw was a fragile Betty covered in tears, hugging a pillow.

I approached her and said the only thing that came to mind.

"Hey B"

She looked my way and said, "Hey V".

I asked, "Do you need anything?"

She responding by saying, "A hug would be nice."

We both responded with a small laugh.

I walked over and embraced her in one of the longest hugs we've ever had.

After we pulled apart I asked her, "How did it go?"

Her eyes drifted to her hands and she said, "I did it.  I told him we're over.  Veronica his face just... It took everything in me not to take him back."

If I'm being completely honest, I was surprised.  She was always very attached to him.  At least from what I had seen in their entire romantic/platonic relationships.

"It's for the best.  He was no good to you and you deserve better."

"V, I don't even have a place for us to stay." She said, a tear falling down her cheek.

"B... you're staying here.  You know you're always welcome."

She came back at me with a, "But I don't want to impose..."

Which I abruptly cut off by saying, "Save it B, you're staying here.  I'm not going to let you and Juliet be alone, especially right now."

She gave me a soft smile and said, "Thank you so much Ronnie.  I have no idea what I would do without you."

I could tell she was tired so I said "We can talk in the morning but you need sleep."  She gave me and understanding nod and began to walk to the guest room.

Before she went into the room I said, "B!.." which caused her to turn back to me.  "I love you..."

She gave me a small smile and said, "I love you too V.  Goodnight."

I said "goodnight" and watched as she disappeared into the dark room.

A/n Hope you human beings enjoyed the Beronica. I'll try to get another chapter out soon. See ya then!