Chapter Twenty-Two

A/n Hello.  I know I've been gone a hella long time but I'll try to get a couple chapters out this week.  I've been having mega writers block so this chapter might not make total sense.  

This chapter is taking off directly from the last chapter.

Archie POV

I woke up to the generic alarm tone on my phone. I made sure to shut it off quick as to not wake Veronica.

I quickly got dressed in shorts a t-shirt to go on my morning run.

When I walked in the living room, I was met with a distraught Betty sitting on our couch.

"Betty? It's 5:00am, what are you doing up?"

She turned around letting me see her teary green eyes.

"Hey Arch. Couldn't sleep I guess."

"Do you want some company" I asked walking towards her.

"Why the hell not."

We both gave a small laugh as I sat down next to her.

She sighed and asked, "Archie, what am I doing?"

I wasn't 100% sure what she was referring to. There were so many things happening now, it could be anything.

"What do you mean Betty?"

"I mean am I blowing this out of proportion? Should I forgive him?"

I looked around the room hoping the correct answer would magically appear. I wanted all of us to be together and happy again, but I knew, deep down, that was all a fantasy.

"It's really not my place to say..." I paused trying to find a non-hurtful way to say what was on my mind. "What he did was horrible, and I would never have thought it was possible if he didn't sit me down and tell me himself. Betty, he is not the same person he was when we were kids, he is not the same person you fell in love with. As much as I hate to say it... I think being away from him is what's best for all of us."

She nodded her head.

I hope what I said didn't make things worse for her. I think that out of everyone else involved in this, I was able to relate most. We grew up together. It was hard losing someone we had held so close to us for so long.

She took a deep breath and looked down at her palms.

"Archie, you've been with me through nearly every event that has taken place in my life. I trust you more than anyone on this planet... I have to tell you something."

Tears began to form in her eyes.

"I- I am"

Seeing she was struggling to say the word I decided to say it.

"Pregnant."

She began crying. I hated seeing her like this.

I decided to pull her into a hug. She leaned into my chest as her sobs slowly began to subside.

"I'm so sorry Archie."

Sorry? What the hell would she have to be sorry for?

Betty had been fucked over her entire life. Her parents treated her like gum on the bottom of their shoe and Jughead clearly hasn't helped. It made me so angry that she had to deal with such bullshit.

"Betty." I said pulling away and looking her directly in the eye. "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for. You did nothing wrong; this is on him."

She wiped the remaining tears off with the back of her hand.

"Thank you Archie."

I was confused.

"What are you thanking me for?"

"Just for existing I guess"

She tried laughing but I could see through it, she was in pain.

"I don't know what I would do without you."

"Betty..." I paused for a second to find the right words. "You are amazing and can do anything you put your mind to. You can, and will, overcome this."

She gave a small nod without peeling her eyes away from the floor.

"So... What do you want to do now?" I asked.

"Honestly? I want to eat."

I shared her sentiment.

"Couldn't have said it better myself. Pop's?"

Betty POV

"So... What do you want to do now?" Archie asked.

There were so many things on my plate I couldn't choose.

"Honestly? I want to eat."

"Couldn't have said it better myself. Pop's?"

"Pop's sounds amazing"

When I was pregnant with Juliet Pop's became my second home. I was eating more than Jughead, and that's saying something.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah, just give me a minute so I can get my shoes and such."

"Ok Betts."

-Five Minutes Later-

"Ok Arch, I'm ready to go."

A/n  Next chapter is taking place right after this one.  Probably going to start it off with Archie POV but idk yet.  There might be some Jughead POV either next chapter or ch.24.