Chapter 43: Are you controlling me?

Start from the beginning

Her cell phone rang endlessly and the ringing made her heart trembled with fear.  She picked up the phone and looked……it was Meng Gu.  When the phone rang again, she looked again and it was Meng Gu again.

Helplessly, she adjusted her cell phone’s ringing to vibrate and dared not answer the calls.

Upon reaching home, she greeted Liang Sisi in a hurry and without chatting about her trip back home, she quickly went into her room to hide.  After spending more than an hour in her room, her cell phone showed 19 missed calls.

Chen Ruo Yu was scared half to death and could not help but think of a question.  Why would someone feel happy to see numerous missed calls on his phone but she would feel scared?

He is really abnormal…….

And she is not abnormal enough……..

She paced back and forth in her room and wanted very much to look for someone to talk about this.

How should this kind of relationship be repaired?  She cannot ask Sisi about this again since her logic will start from □ again. 

(Refer to Chap 34 for ‘□’– the conversation between Sisi and CRY)

But Chen Ruo Yu do not want it to be like this.

She had pursued Meng Gu before and she knew it was not possible for them to be together!

It was not only the problem of whether they like each other but there was also the cruel reality in front of them.  His ex-girlfriend Qi Yao is the living example.  With Qi Yao’s qualities, even the love between Cinderella and the Prince had to retreat in defeat.  What more of someone like her that even a ‘wildfire is unable to destroy and when the spring breeze blows the grass girl grows again’*.

(Wildfire is unable to destroy, With Spring breeze it grows again means CRY is like grass, resilient and lowly.  She is referring to her low status while MG comes from a wealthy, high-status family.)

And Mr. Tyrannosaurus had clearly indicated that he did not have the habit of returning to graze on the same pasture*.

(The actual saying is ‘A good horse never returns to graze on the same pasture’ and it means a person will never go back to one’s old love or job or do a repetition.)

And she just happened to be one of those pastures……and one that was unsuccessful too!

That aside, she herself had already set her own direction.  The partner she is looking for must not be his type.  Actually, Mr. Zhou Zhe, that warm-hearted passerby seems to be very suitable for her…….

Stop, stop! 

Chen Ruo Yu reminded herself that she could not shift her focus now.  She had to concentrate on the matter of Meng Gu and think clearly.

In short, the situation now is a bit chaotic and unclear.  Not to mention that their respective feelings and attitudes were not possible for them to live their life together.  Even if both their families meet, it would also be a tragedy.

She is thinking too far ahead……too far ahead!

In this life, there will never be a possibility that the two families will want to meet.

Anyway, to say this kiss is purely a friendly act is a bit absurd now.

But she really did not want to lose him.

She felt sad as she sat on the edge of the bed.  She really wants to grab hold of Meng Gu and shake him and ask him………Why did he kiss her?  Why did he destroy the relationship between them?