Chapter 41: Come home

Start from the beginning

Chen Father did not speak.  He looked at his daughter for a long time and hardened his voice.  “Anyway, I and your Mom have the same thoughts.  You think carefully about this yourself.  Let’s not talk about anything else.  Isn’t Zhou Zhe good enough for you?  Don’t you like him?  As Dad had said, don’t harbor contradictory feelings in your heart and if you think he is good, you must seize the opportunity.  Mom and Dad will always be here, we can’t run away but a good man is not easy to find.  After this, there will not be another.”

After Chen Father finished his lecture bitterly, he left.

She sat in her room distractedly for a long time and finally decided to go for a walk.

She went to look for her friend, Yang Yang.  During that time when she canceled her phone line and cut off all communications, Yang Yang had looked everywhere for people to help find her.  In the end, Yang Yang went to Gao Yu Lan’s house, then found Gao Yu Lan and finally found her.

At that time, Chen Ruo Yu only called Yang Yang to inform her that she was fine and thanked her.  Now that she is back, she should really look her up and have a good chat with her.

When Yang Yang saw Chen Ruo Yu, she was very happy.  They talked a lot about their old schoolmates.  Yang Yang also told Chen Ruo Yu that Qi Na loves to show off and she is very arrogant.  Now many of their schoolmates are also discontented with her and that year, the matter regarding Gao Yu Lan cheating on her boyfriend seemed to be truly weird.  She felt that an injustice was done to Chen Ruo Yu for being pulled into this incident.

“Ruo Yu, come home.  There is no need to hide again because of this matter.  Qi Na said that she wants to hold a reunion gathering for our schoolmates.  I really don’t know about her real intentions.  We also want to this matter to be cleared up and get justice for both of you.  This matter had happened so long ago and it is not necessary to let yourself suffer this grievance.  Come home.”

“But I’m not aggrieved.”  Chen Ruo Yu said with an indescribable and indefinable feeling.  “At the time when I left, I was truly very sad but now I’m really doing very well.  Don’t worry about me.”

Yang Yang looked at her and Chen Ruo Yu did not know whether she should laugh or cry looking at her expression.  Chen Ruo Yu stressed again.  “Really, I’m doing very well.”

Yang Yang sighed and hugged her.  “Ruo Yu, there are many times you just put on a show of being strong.  What is actually so good there?  If you are not happy over there, do come home…..really.  We all miss you."

Chen Ruo Yu returned home feeling depressed.

Why is everyone suddenly telling her to come home?  Why do they have the impression that she is very miserable?  Really, she is not miserable, she is doing very well.  Why don’t they believe her?

And why is she so persistent?  She really, really, hates the idea of coming home.  She likes A-city……she really, really likes A-city. 

As she walked into the district, she lifted her eyes and saw Zhang Zi Chun strolling with a woman with a big belly.  This was the man who said she was boring and had requested to break up with her.  Is he married now?

Chen Ruo Yu felt a bit awkward and blinked her eyes.  Her parents must have purposely kept the news from her because they were afraid it would hurt her or perhaps they thought she left C-city because she was hurt by the breakup.

At this moment, an old lady in the same district came over to Chen Ruo Yu and said in a whisper.  “Xiao Yu, Old Zhang’s son is already married, and his child is coming out into the world soon.  Don’t keep those old feelings in your heart and be more broad-minded.  His wife is a bitter gourd, does not like to talk and not as lively as you.  So you don’t have to feel sad.”

Chen Ruo Yu looked at her inexplicably.  This Auntie, what are you thinking?

She did not say anything.  She smiled and went upstairs.

She misses A-city......she wants to go back.......

It was not easy to wait until the afternoon when Zhou Zhe finally called her on the phone to tell her that he would be picking her up to return together.  Because Chen Ruo Yu did not promise to come home, Chen Father and Chen Mother were feeling unhappy until they found out that their daughter had made arrangements to return to A-city with Zhou Zhe, then they smiled slightly.

Before they left, the old couple gave Zhou Zhe a bunch of fruits and told him it was for him to slowly enjoy.  They were attentive showing their meaning and exhibiting their feelings through their speech.  Chen Ruo Yu felt helpless and could not say anything.

When the car entered the express highway, she finally could breathe a sigh of relief.

Home is really a strange place.  She really wants to come home but again cannot wait to escape.  What actually is the problem?

“Mr. Zhou, what makes you decide that you must return to C-city?”

“I have to come back.”  Zhou Zhe smiled.  “My parents are here, my home is here.  In A-city, I don’t have a home and I have to struggle for a living.  Once the struggle for a living is ascertained*, then it is time to go home.”

(Once the struggle for a  living is ascertained here means that once ZZ knows what he wants to do, he had saved enough money and he had mastered his trade, he has to return home.  Since he is an only child, the parents are his responsibility and therefore he has to return to make a living.)

Chen Ruo Yu pondered deeply.

She also has no home in A-city and she also has to struggle for a living.

But she did not want to go home.  Can she really not go home?

They have asked her what is so good in A-city that she must stay.

She was unable to answer.

In her mind, Meng Gu’s face appeared and suddenly she misses him very much!