Chapter 35: Qi Yao's visit

Start from the beginning

Chen Ruo Yu frowned.  She stared at his mouth and saw the injury on his lip was very prominent.  A disfigurement…….

“Even if I don’t propose such an idea, do you think she will not come here on her own?  I didn’t ask her to come today but why is she here?  So, in the future, if she really comes, you must remember to practice rational analysis.  This really has nothing to do with me.”

The wrinkled eyebrows of Meng Gu tightened.  “There is really nothing between the both of us. I didn’t even give her my cell phone number the last time we met.  She asked for my number from our former college mates and when I didn’t answer her calls, she came here.”

She did not care about all these and asked.  “Didn’t she ask why your mouth was injured?”

Her voice tone sounded bad and so Meng Gu’s tone was also not good. “It’s really regretful, she really didn’t ask.”

“It’s really regretful.  The role you arranged for me didn’t make an impact.”

Finally, Meng Gu could not stand it and ask.  “Why are you throwing your temper?”

Chen Rou Yu ignored him, turned around and went into the kitchen.  She looked around and did not find the braised pork shoulder.  Then she opened the fridge to look and found her lunch box with the braised pork shoulder sitting inside.  In the fridge, there were also several other dishes.

She took out her lunch box and turned around to see a bag on the kitchen counter.  Without a care, she took the bag and put the lunch box inside.  Then she made a move to leave.

When she turned around, she saw the astonishment on Meng Gu’s face.  He did not expect the reason she came was just to take away the lunch box. 

“Dr. Meng, I really treated you wholeheartedly as a friend.  In the past, I didn’t know my place and pursued you.  Maybe during that time I was not sincere, only attracted by your external qualities and did not really think whether we were really suitable for each other.  But then after getting along with you, I slowly began to realize that you are very nice, warm-hearted and responsible.  So I really cherish you as a friend.  I know you are good buddies with them, Yin Ze and Lei Feng, and the way you express your friendship is a bit scary, but I’m not like them.  I have my own way of nurturing a friendship.  Maybe you will think that some of the things I do are ridiculous and when you take it as a joke, I will also feel sad and angry.  When you talk to other people about this, I will also feel embarrassed and awkward.  Dr. Meng, I may not be smart but I have self-esteem.  Whether you are really teasing me or otherwise and when you are enjoying yourself, please do think about my feelings.”

“Chen Ruo Yu……”  Meng Gu wanted to speak but she raised her hand to stop him.

“Dr. Meng, I feel very happy interacting with you.  Although I was unsuccessful in my pursuit, I am still very happy and in the end, we are still able to be friends.  However, friendship is like love……and sincerity is also necessary.  In fact, if you need my help, I will be very happy to help you.  But if you request me to come over with frivolous reasons, just to show off to your first love, it gives me a very bad feeling.”

“I’m not…….”  Once again Meng Gu wanted to speak but was again interrupted by her.

“Does Dr. Meng think what you had done is correct?”

Meng Gu opened his mouth and had not spoken yet when Chen Ruo Yu glared at him and said.  “Dr. Meng, you should apologize to me!”

He opened his mouth but no words came out from his mouth.  Chen Ruo Yu again continued.  “I’ve taken back the braised pork shoulder and anyway, you don’t really have the sincerity to eat it.  In the future, I will not prepare anything for Dr. Meng to eat again. If Dr. Meng doesn’t reflect on yourself and apologize, it will be difficult for us to carry on being friends.  Otherwise, every now and then, some contradictions and unhappy incidents will crop up which will make it really impossible for us to get along.  Do you agree, Dr. Meng?”   

When she asked him ~ Do you agree? ~ she did not give him the opportunity to answer.  As soon as she finished speaking, she turned and walked away.

Opening the door, walking to the elevator and pressing the button……all movements were smoothly carried out.  At the same time, she felt a little cheerful.  She held on to her braised pork shoulder like she was holding weapons.  She only felt that after she had spoken out her thoughts, she felt light and cool.

“Chen Ruo Yu!”  Meng Gu actually came chasing after her.

She stepped into the elevator when the elevator door opened and she looked back at him.

“If I want to reject any woman, I don’t need you as a shield.  If I want to make fun of women, I don’t need you as a target.”

He thought for a moment and he felt as if he had said something wrong and quickly corrected himself.  “I’m not the kind of person who enjoys making fun of women.”

She twitched her mouth and said.  “This can barely be taken as an explanation but it is definitely not an apology.”

Hey….”  Meng Gu frowned again.

She pulled a face at him and closed the elevator door.

As the elevator went down, she remembered the expression on his face just now and involuntarily, she smiled.

Ha, ha…….he can also feel anxious!  Did he really feel anxious?

As she hugged her lunch box, she felt a little sweetness in her heart.

In her mind, she assumed this was the sense of joy for her victory.