Chapter 32: Heart to heart talk

Start from the beginning

He laughed again.  “You cursed him and you still say you don’t hate him?”

“Then you are also cursing me the whole time, do you also hate me?”

This time, Chen Ruo Yu’s response was very fast and articulate.   Meng Gu lifted his eyes to look at her and found her eyes shining brightly and her cheeks were flushed.  He could not help but ask.  “Chen Ruo Yu, are you drunk?”

“No.  Sake is not alcoholic.  How can one be drunk?”  She answered boldly and affirmatively.

“As long as the word alcohol is there……it is alcoholic.”

“Long Island Iced Tea is still not a tea.”

Meng Gu did not speak and after waiting for a while, he said.  “Our conversation had started to lose meaning.”

“No, I think it’s very interesting.”  Chen Ruo Yu supported her chin and poured herself a cup of sake.  “Since Dr. Meng feels it is boring, let’s change the subject.  Does Dr. Meng’s mother like Dr. Meng’s first love?”

“She said she is too strong and it will be difficult for me.”

“Your mother really loves you.”  Chen Ruo Yu felt very envious.  “A girl who is not strong enough will not be able to endure hardship and she is worried you will suffer for it.  A girl who is too strong will be too powerful and she is worried you will suffer for it.  Why is she not worried that those girls will be mentally tortured by you?  They will also be very pitiful.  Dr. Meng, your mother is really biased.”

“She is my mother.  If she is not biased towards me, then who should she be biased to?”

“I also want someone who is biased towards me.  It doesn’t matter if it is unreasonable, no matter what happens and anyway, as long as whoever treats me badly……that will be enough.  To all those who say bad things about me, she will say ~ she is my daughter.  If I’m not biased towards her, then who should I be biased to?”

Meng Gu looked at her and asked.  “Do you have a bad relationship with your family?”

She shook her head.  “It is because I’m useless.  I am not up to their expectations.  I also lied to them and let them down.  Dr. Meng, I’m really terrible.  It seems I’ve never done anything that I’m proud of and never done anything that can make my family be proud of me.”

Meng Gu did not speak, lifted his hand to pick up the last piece of sushi and put it into his mouth.  Then he found himself being glared at.

Chen Ruo Yu was too slow to grab the last piece of sushi and so she poured the last few drops of sake into her cup.  “Dr. Meng, what is your relationship with Nurse Tian?”

“The relationship between a doctor and a nurse.”

“That’s a good relationship.”

Meng Gu gave her a knock on her head.  “What is inside that head of yours?”

“That’s painful!”

“Correct your words.  What is the relationship between a doctor and a nurse?”

“It is the relationship between Dr. Meng and Nurse Tian.”

“Don’t use drinking sake as an excuse to talk nonsense.”  Meng Gu warned her. 

Chen Ruo Yu supported herself on the table, smiled and said with honesty.  “Relationship between colleagues.  But everyone says that you are very good together and they also say you are well-matched.”

“What does match mean?”

“Handsome man and beautiful woman, same good social status, doctor and doctor, doctor and nurse, Mr. Perfect and Ms. Perfect…….”