Chapter 24: Tang Mother

Start from the beginning

"No. No.  Thank you for Auntie's concern."  Chen Ruo Yu felt her stomach constrict.  She took a sip of the hot cocoa.  It was not too hot but it was terribly sweet.

"Xiao Yu, what other people do you have at home?  If you are really married to Ah Cai, your family will not move in with us, will they?"

Chen Ruo Yu tried to keep the smile on her face.  "Auntie, it is now still too early to talk about this.  I just met Mr. Tang."  As she said, she silently glanced at Tang Jin Cai and he returned an apologetic look at her.

"It's not too early.  Ah Cai is already nearly 30 and Xiao Yu, you're not young either, you're already 26, is that correct?  You have to hurry up.  I'm acceptable to anything.  I'm also acquainted with Zhao Xia and we have been working together for a long time.  She is a good person and I like her.  Since she had introduced you, I'm sure she did not do this indiscriminately.  You have good facial features, your forehead is wide enough, your eyebrows are well-formed, your earlobes are round and your eyes are clear.  You have a face of good fortune."

She is so terribly unlucky and this Auntie is saying she is blessed with good fortune.  Chen Ruo Yu really cannot smile anymore.

But Tang Mother still continued to talk.  "Oh yes, how much is Zhao Xia paying you a month?"

"I……I don’t get a salary.  I'm just an agent under her and I get a commission for my sales."

"Then how much can you earn?"  Tang Mother wrinkled her eyebrows.

Chen Ruo Yu lifted up her cup and took a sip of the sweet, heavy hot cocoa drink.  She really did not want to answer this question.

"Forget it.  This is not a big deal.  When the time comes, you can work with us in our company. It is our family business and it's more convenient.  You don’t have to work outside.  We don’t mind how much our daughter-in-law earns and it doesn't matter to us.  You are now 26 and you should have children early.  In fact, it is best to have children before the age of 25 and now it is already very late for you."

Then you should look for a daughter-in-law under 25 years of age.

Chen Ruo Yu could not sit still any longer and felt her back ached and the pain in her butt.

"Auntie, it is really too early to discuss this.  It is better to drink some tea."

"Young people like you don’t understand the urgency, so that is why all of you only become mothers in old age.  Children born to middle-aged mothers are not smart.  Oh yes, talking about children……when I chose a name for Ah Cai, I had also prepared several names.  They are very good, so when the time comes, you don’t have to worry about choosing names for your children.  I've prepared everything.  In addition, now that kindergartens are not easy to get admitted, the child's place has to be booked in advance.  There is a kindergarten near our district and I've visited that place.  Later, you can leave the responsibility of taking care of the child to me.  You don’t have to hire a babysitter and you don’t have to ask your family for help…….."

"Auntie, I'm sorry.  I've to go to the restroom again."  Chen Ruo Yu could not stand it any longer and she quickly made an excuse to escape.

She hid in the restroom to make a call.  She was falling apart and her stomach felt painful.

"Dr. Meng, I really don’t know what to do.  Please help me."  Chen Ruo Yu had long forgotten that just now she had impolitely hung up his call and had instead called Liang Sisi and Gao Yu Lan for help.

"How do you want me to help you?"  Meng Gu was not in a good mood but he did not hang her call.  It seems that there is still hope and Chen Ruo Yu was touched by him.