Chapter 19: My own people

Start from the beginning

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned.  What kind of person is he?  Let's not comment on whether is right or wrong.  To be able to spit these all out with one breath, how clear is he on the many minor things is he able to keep in his heart?  How much does he hate her?  Or his IQ is high and his brain storage space is relatively large so he does not need to especially remember and is able to automatically dump out all the information combined as reasons.

"Regarding this matter about you pursuing me.  As the man you are pursuing, I have the right to ask you to protect your pursuit."

"Ah?"  Chen Ruo Yu was dumbstruck.

How did the topic change so quickly?  He also requested her to protect him as the target she is pursuing.  Is he giving her face or sticking gold on his own face*?

(Sticking gold on the face means to put a high value on himself or praising himself.)

"Honestly speaking, Liang Sisi is considered your love rival.  You should stop her from approaching me."  He could still continue to twist his words.  "I have confidence in you." 

Chen Ruo Yu finally gathered her senses and if she did not say some derogatory remarks, she really could not stand it any longer.  So she told him the truth.  "When Sisi sees more of you, she will naturally give up.  Dr. Meng, you are really not a good candidate.  You must understand yourself clearly."

"I don’t need to.  I have you.  As long as you understand clearly then it is alright."

"….."

He replied nimbly and genuinely and also very powerful indeed.  His thick skin really could not be undervalued.

Chen Ruo Yu was trying to organize her words and was prepared to fight another 300 more rounds with him when in the distance she could hear someone calling him.  "Dr. Meng….."  She heard the voice talking to him but she could not hear what they were talking about.  Meng Gu answered the man and turned back to speak to her.  "I'm busy, I have to go."  Before she could reply, she heard the dead tone of the call.  He had hung up on her. 

Chen Ruo Yu was taken by surprise.  She really wanted to put her hand through the phone to pull him back because, by right, she should hang up his call.

She sat there for a while in a trance.  When she thought about Nurse Tian then she understood he did not purposely make her look bad and it seems she had wronged him again.

In fact, he is not as bad as she imagined him to be.  After all, only his mouth is poisonous, his temper is bad and his personality not good, other than that everything else about him is not too bad.

His patient had passed away and he should be feeling bad about it in his heart.  She had blamed him for standing her up and it seems it was wrong of her.

"Chen Ruo Yu, have you sorted out your customer's list?  Before you go off work, you have to hand over your monthly report!"

The Manager shouted loudly and Chen Ruo Yu was startled, bringing her thoughts back to the present.  Correct, she should not be bothered whether he should or should not do it, she should not be bothered whether he was wronged.  All she should care about is to work hard and earn more money.

Yesterday, she should have sent money home but she did not have the money.  She did not know what to do.  Originally, she had wanted to call home again using this matter as an excuse but the last call she made had hurt her.  She was very scared that if she was to tell them she could not send money home this month, she would be even more hurt.  So she was a little nervous and wanted to delay for a little longer before sending money home.  She wanted to wait until she has the money to send home before she will call them again.

Chen Ruo Yu started to concentrate on her office work.  The paperwork was complicated but it still had to be done.  When she saw the Manager was not paying attention, she secretly made a call.  She called her friend who is working with her in the condom business to use her name to make a few more shipments.  She said she needed the money urgently and she will make up to her friend when she makes shipments later.  Her friend promised but even if her part-time sales showed higher performance for this month, she still was unable to immediately get the money.

That friend asked whether she wanted to borrow from her to meet this emergency but she refused.

The busy half-day quickly passed and as she was getting off work, Chen Ruo Yu received a call that made her very happy.  The telephone call was from the police station and she was informed about the case of the two men who had assaulted her.  The police told her the two men were going to pay compensation and she was told to go to the police station tomorrow to go through the relevant procedures.

Chen Ruo Yu completely did not expect she would be so lucky.  Those two men had shamelessly refused to pay and she could not do anything.  The police had ignored this case and let the men do as they pleased but now why did they suddenly become so humane?

In any case, she was about to receive the money and this was a good thing for Chen Ruo Yu.  That day, she worked overtime and rushed to complete her work.  The next day, she found time to go to the policestation.

The incident went surprisingly smooth and thepoliceman's attitude who attended to her was also very courteous.  Chen Ruo Yu was overjoyed, surprised and suspicious.  Finally, it was the policeman who helped her out of her puzzlement.  "Miss Chen, you are a friend of Police Officer Lei, why didn’t you tell us earlier?  As a friend of Police Officer Lei, we will try our best to settle this matter for you as soon as possible.  You can see we have a lot of things to handle and we cannot take care of everything, right?  And also, you should ignore the things that I told you earlier on.  Being compensated to settle this matter is not to deceive you but this kind of street fights often end up without closure.  Even if they are put into jail for two or three days and in the end, they will still be released.  So you don’t think too much about this.  At least you have received some money and it is better than getting nothing at all, right?

Chen Ruo Yu realized that suddenly she received care and attention from the police was all due to Lei Feng.  But she had never talked much with Lei Feng and had never told him about this matter.

She thought for a moment and called Gao Yu Lan.  Gao Yu Lan and Yin Ze were the ones who knew about this matter.  If they did not tell Lei Feng, then it had to be Meng Gu who told him.  She wanted to find out.

"Lei Feng?  No…..  I didn’t know.  You still have not solved that problem until now?"  This was thereaction from Gao Yu Lan when she heard the news.  Chen Ruo Yu already knew in her heart that if Yin Ze who came forward to help, he would definitely tell Gao Yu Lan.  If he had done a deed to curry for someone's favor, he would certainly own up.

So it must be Meng Gu.

Chen Ruo Yu sighed in her heart.  She was reallydisturbed by a pool of spring water again.  She asked Gao Yu Lan for Lei Feng's phone number but Gao Yu Lan did not have his number.  So she asked Yin Ze and then gave Lei Feng's number to Chen Ruo Yu.

"Why do you want his number?"

"He had helped me and I would like to thank them.  So I will invite them to dinner together."