Chapter 19: My own people

Start from the beginning

Chen Ruo Yu remained quiet and then heard Meng Gu continued to say. 

"When I looked at the clock on the wall, it was already past the time of our appointment, so I called a junior nurse to tell Nurse Tian to check whether you have arrived or to check if there were any missed calls from you on my phone.  She was told to let you know that I was busy and could not go out for dinner with you.  Because Nurse Tian recognizes you, so I asked her for this favor, is there any problem?  Or do you think I should have simply ignored you and it was better to let you just wait there for me?"

Chen Ruo Yu's anger vanished and felt guilty.

Both ends of the phone were quiet and in the end, she could not help but ask.  "When did you see my message?"

"Middle of the night."

Now she understood.  When he had called her to teach her a lesson, he had actually worked from the afternoon until the early morning.

She could not stop herself and ask again.  "Was the operation successful?"

"Yes."

Just as Chen Ruo Yu heaved a sigh of relief, then she heard Meng Gu's low and heavy voice sounded.  "But he was unable to survive for more than five days in the ICU."

She became quiet and did not know what else to say to him.

After a while, when she was about to open her mouth to speak.  "That……."  She had not even finished her first word, Meng Gu had already resumed his brutal, bully normal self again.

"Remember to talk to Liang Sisi clearly.  If she still bothers me, I will deal with you."

What?  Isn't that being unreasonable?

Although Chen Ruo Yu still felt a bit sad at this time, she still retaliated against being oppressed.  "What should I tell her?  I don’t know how to tell her!"

"Tell her directly."

How to tell her directly?  Tell her not to harass the nurses because the nurses will harass him and then he will feel annoyed?

"Why don’t you tell her directly yourself?  I will give you her number.  No, wrong…..you have her number.  Tell her directly yourself."

"She is your friend.  If I tell her directly, it means I am not giving you any merciful face."

"Then that time, why didn’t you let Lan Lan tell me directly?"  It had caused her to look like a fool to go there so often and became a joke for the nurses.

"Lan Lan is Yin Ze's girlfriend.  I'm not familiar with her."

"But then I am still Lan Lan's friend and also Yin Ze's girlfriend's friend and so we are even more unfamiliar.  I cannot help you to pass the message."

"Are you a hedgehog?  According to what you say, that means Liang Sisi is the friend of Yin Ze's girlfriend's friend.  That too is unfamiliar, so I can't tell her directly and can only look for you to pass her the message.  You are more familiar to me."

"Are you a tyrannosaurus?  I don’t care."  She will not get involved in his affairs.

"Chen Ruo Yu, have you forgotten that we still have unsettled accounts between us?"

"Is it?  What account?"

"Do you need me to count them one by one?  Alternating feelings, mood swings, harassment in the middle of the night, hang up my calls, owing me a dinner, writing nauseating text messages to disgust me, lying to me, told me you are pursuing me, always giving me trouble and also dare to tease me."