Chapter 27 - Alive

Start from the beginning

A ton of guards storm in and fill the room. Soon after, the General and Lizzie come in!

Lizzie! Oh gosh, Lizzie. I don't know why, but I missed her so much. She seems like she's been crying.
The General stands tall in front of me...

"Get the doctors in here."

Two doctors slowly approach me...

"Proceed with the examinations."

This very old guy slouches next to me. He seems a little nervous to check me... He pulls out a few tools and a flashlight. He looks through my ears... He feels my jawbone...

"Go ahh."

I open my mouth wide...

"Everythings seems normal so far."

He shines a light in my eyes and looks into them. Suddenly, the man trips over on his ass...

"H-he... He really is... Corrupted."

The guards tense up, everyone looks more worried... Except for the General...

"Doctor. Proceed with the examination."

The doctor gulps and looks to me. He seems to be shaking a bit...

"Nurse, get his shirt off."

This white complected brunette woman walks next to me. She has a nice smile and doesn't seem too frightened at all. Her hair is wrapped and tied up into an elegant bun with a curl running down the right side of her face. She has beautiful honey-colored eyes behind these square black glasses and she looks to be about five feet, three inches tall. She's very pretty, yet her tone seems so mundane.

She begins to take my shirt off slowly. Her eyes light up as she looks at the claw mark on my back. She then backs up to let the doctor analyze.

"My goodness. This must have been from a big one."

"Yeah... It was Claw."
I say to the doctor.

He seems more terrified...

"H-How does it feel?"

"..."

"Doctor, is any of this necessary right now?"

"Yes, sir. That is if he has any symptoms. We've never had anything on the record similar to this! So... How does it feel, young one?"

Oh no... I start to burst into tears... Narissa... She used to say things like that... I don't know why I feel so horrible about it. I didn't even know her all that well. I just felt like a family with everyone in that squad. Even Zander and Vadice felt like family.

"What is it?"

"Everyone... Everyone is dead!"
I cry...

The General and doctor look toward each other...

"Z237! Answer the question."

"I... I have a horrible headache. My back burns like hell. It feels cut open like a dissection if that makes sense."

"Uhuh. Anything else?"

I notice the nurse is writing everything down...

"I guess the most notable thing is... the voices... I can hear tons of voices that moan and groan, however, there is one... It... It."

I start to cry...

"It tells me horrible things."

"Like what?"

"It tells me to kill... It tells me how delicious certain people smell... I... I hate it... I just want to die!"

Everyone looks worried. The General looks at Lizzie... She looks so upset...