0.1

Elizabeth's Pov

I rolled out of bed as I heard my alarm go off for the second time. My dad threw open my door, "I need you on a mission."

I crossed my arms, "Dad, what the hell?" My father, Nick Furry, rolled his eye at me, "stop being dramatic. I need you to help me." I scoffed, "why should I? Honestly, dad, this isn't my thing, and besides... I'm pregnant. I don't want to risk losing another baby." He crossed his arms. I sighed, "please. Don't do this. Not again."

Dad huffed, "look, a one-time thing. Do the mission, and then you can decide. Besides, we can work around that." I clenched my jaw, "you'll drop it after this?" He nodded. I sighed, "fine." He smirked a knowing smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "when do I have to be there?" He looked at his clock, "20 minutes. Get ready." I scoffed, "unbelievable." He left the room as soon as I said that.

My father and I have an interesting relationship. We love each other dearly. We have different options. He believes full-heartedly in Shield while I don't. I don't feel comfortable working for someone who knows everything about me. I mean Everything like what I eat for breakfast.

My father might be the director of shield, but that doesn't mean he is 100% in charge, and that's what scares me. Someone could try to push him out of office because he's the best agent to have gone throw the program and one of the best directors in shield history. Not my opinion, but they are facts. You see, I was raised in shield. I didn't have a normal childhood. I was groomed to be an agent. At 16, I went on my first mission, where I met my first soulmate

Flashback

16 years old

I walked through shield on my way to the training center when dad and a very handsome man approached me. I smiled, "Hey Daddy," dad chuckled, "Hey there sweetheart, I want you to meet your new trainer and Partner, Clint Barton."

As soon as I met his eyes, I froze. He was one of them. He was one of my soulmates. Before I had time to react, I felt hands brush a piece of hair out of my face. I stepped back when I felt cold metal. That's when I noticed he had a wedding ring on. I shook my head and ran.

Before I could get far, I had an arrow in my sleeve, and I was up against a wall. I went to pull it out when another arrow was holding my shirt to the wall. I clenched my jaw. I knew what he was good at. I knew the minute our eyes met and my soul mark burned with fire. He was the archer I had been waiting for.

I heard his velvet voice for the first time say, "hello, little Mate." I scoffed. He placed his hand on my chin, but I turned my head to the side. He sighed, "I can explain." I rolled my eyes. He went to crease my cheek when I kicked him in the stomach. He grunted, "was that necessary?" I smirked as I saw him in pain.

A few minutes passed before Clint stood up to his normal height and crossed his arms, "Come on, Sweetheart, let me explain." I glared at him. He walked up to me slowly and hesitantly, "promise you won't kick me or run away, and I'll let you go." I rolled my eyes. He sighed softly, "please." I nodded.

He raised an eyebrow, "you aren't going to say anything until I explain, are you?" I huffed. He sighed again, "fine. But in private." He took the arrows out of my sleeves and took me outside to a car.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at him. He smirked, "well are you going to get in or what?" I clenched my jaw. He sighed, "your dad knows you are with me. If that's what you worried about." I opened the damn car door and sat in the passenger seat, and looked out the window. He started the car and drove off.