Chapter 10 - Friendly Date

"You're a sore loser, Miss Summers!" Adrian said laughing in my face as he knocked out all the bowling pins with a single roll of a ball.

I was here for an hour yet I hadn't managed to knock more than five out.

"I'm doing better than last time." I shrugged as I sipped my strawberry smoothie.

"That's a fact best friend!" He grinned as he high fived me.

I smiled. I sipped my smoothie as Adrian held my free hand and we skipped out of the bowling arena.

"Where would you like to dine milady?" Adrian asked with a fake British accent.

"A five-star restaurant!" I said in a joking manner.

"Of course. Italian or Mexican?" He asked with a small smile.

I gasped, "Are you serious? You don't have to though."

Adrian let out a laugh, "I'm serious. I want to treat my best friend to some five-star restaurant dinner because she is a wonderful woman who deserves it."

"Awww!" I cooed, "You're so sweet. Can we get Italian?" I added.

Adrian nodded, "Of course!"

We both walked out of the shopping centre where the bowling area was. I got into Adrian's Mercedes and we headed towards Dolcezza an Italian restaurant that was well known for its delectable food and fine wine.

We arrived ten minutes later and I was helped out of the car by one of the valet men. Adrian gave his key to the valet service as we hooked our elbows and walked in.

"Welcome to Dolcezza. How may I assist you?"

"A table for two," He said to the beautiful lady at the entrance.

She nodded with a brilliant smile, "Right this way madam and sir." She said and we followed behind her.

She led us to a booth that was in a secluded area. There was a lit, tall candle standing in the centre of the table. The lights were dimmed and a slow, romantic song was playing in the background.

"Thank you," I said to her and she gave me a small smile.

"You're welcome, Madam. Your waitress will be here to serve you soon." She said before she left.

"Wow." Adrian said after a few moments of silence, "This place is fancy as hell."

"And super romantic," I added, "When you're proposing to your future wife you'll bring her here. This place would be perfect!" I said with a small smile.

"Noted Pearls." He grinned.

"That's good." I smiled.

A waitress came overdressed in the uniform with a smile on her face.

"My name is Eliza and I will be your server tonight. I will give you your menus and then I will be back to get your order for your drinks." She said handing us the menus which were encased in red authentic leather.

"Order what you want. Don't hold back!" Adrian grinned.

"Oh, you're so going to be broke tonight!"

"If I'm broke because of you I wouldn't mind because you are worthy of every single penny I spend." He said already flipping through the menu.

"Aww Adrian, you're so adorable. It makes me want to pinch your cheeks!" I grinned.

His eyes widened and he straightened his back immediately, "Don't you dare do that."

"I won't, I know you hate it."

"Do you want to drink red wine or white wine?" He asked.

"Red wine," I said.

"Great." He said.

Eliza came back with a notepad and her contagious smile.

"Are you ready to order your drinks?" She asked sweetly.

"A bottle of your finest red wine," Adrian said and she smiled before she scribbled it down.

"Would you like to order your food?" She asked looking at both of us.

"Are you ready to order your food, Perla?" Adrian asked me.

I nodded, "I would like a steak with a side of fries and greek salad."

"Yes ma'am. You sir?" Eliza said turning to Adrian.

He grinned, "I would like to have a hake with a side of calamari and fries."

"Your order will be delivered soon." She smiled and bounced away.

Adrian and I sat in absolute silence after Eliza left. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram and liking a few posts that my friends posted.

I rubbed my eye a little bit as it had begun irritating me.

"Adrian, I'm heading off to powder my nose," I said in a posh accent.

Adrian chuckled before he nodded. I grabbed my handbag and made my way to the ladies bathroom, following the signs. I stood in the mirror and looked at my eye when I saw the traitorous eyelash that was causing all the trouble.

I managed to successfully remove it. I then fixed my eye shadow and mascara before I washed my hands and walked out. I walked past a table and was taken aback when I saw William and Nicholas sitting at a table with one red-haired girl and another brown-haired girl. The four of them looked as though they were fighting.

I didn't realise I was staring at Nicholas until he lifted his green eyes that met mine. I immediately lowered my head as heat covered my cheeks. I practically ran back to the booth where Adrian was waiting for me.

"Mr Adonis is here!" I said hurriedly.

"Of course this place is his kind of scene," Adrian responded with a shrug.

"Hecaughtmestaringathim!" I said in one go as he lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

"I'm sorry what?"

"He caught me staring at him," I repeated slowly with gritted teeth.

"Is that why you are looking like a flaming tomato?"

"Uh yes! The trip to Spain is going to be so embarrassing." I admitted throwing my hands up to cover my face that was still on fire.

"You're going with Mr Adonis and spending two weeks in Spain with him?" Adrian said his jaw hitting the ground.

"Yes," I said nodding my head.

"I don't think it's a good idea..." He trailed off.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I poured myself a glass of the red wine that was on the table.

Before Adrian could answer, Eliza, placed our food on the table.

"Buon appetito." She said before scurrying away.

We ate our food that tasted heavenly and I watched in disgust as Adrian ate his fish. Ever since I was a young kid I hated seafood and up until now I still hated it.

Adrian paid the bill and left a one hundred dollar bill on the table as a tip for Eliza's good service and then we got ice cream and he dropped me off at my apartment.

Throughout the rest of the night I hadn't been able to bring the whole Spain trip up again with Adrian and he shut down my every trial as though he didn't want to speak about it.

Hey Guys!

Here is chapter 10, I hope you enjoy reading it!

xoxo

Perla (Yes, I do have the same name as the protagonist)