Chapter 23 - Awkward

The first say parading around as Nick's girlfriend was weird. Weird being a total understatement.

Now that the media knew and published it for the whole world to see, people began to recognise me in public. Not many people but enough for me to attract a little bit of attention.

I tried my best to keep smiling and not look depressed as Mia went through her list for the day. I had to meet Nick for breakfast (which is where were headed) and then later on this evening, he had a yacht party scheduled.

The events were a lot for me. I didn't often go out so going out twice in one day felt like it was going to drain my social battery.

"We have arrived." She declared as she hopped out of the car and extended her hand to help me out.

As soon as I stepped out, I was met with a few journalists who snapped a few photos of me but otherwise left me alone.

"Let's hope I don't look bad." I giggled.

Mia rolled her eyes, "You look amazing!"

"Thank you." I said as I locked eyes with Nick, who was waiting for me by the entrance.

I made my way to him. As soon as I was close, he extended his hand to take mine and then placed a soft kiss on it. The gesture made my heart flutter. I wanted this in my future husband.

"Good morning, Nick." I greeted with a small smile as he led me to our table.

"Morning." He responded.

As soon as we slid into our booth a waiter came and took our order.

"We're here for public appearance. The press was alerted that we will be here. Remember to look like you're enjoying this so that there is no negative news spread."

"Who have you told?" I asked.

"Only the lawyer." He said.

"No family?"

"No. Did you tell anyone?"

I nodded.

"Who?" He asked.

From his tone, I knew he was mad.

"Emily my cousin," I answered, "But she won't tell a single soul. I promise you that." I hurriedly added.

"The girl dating William?"

"I thought they break up." I muttered.

"I wouldn't know." He said just as our food arrived.

I smiled and thanked the waiter before I dug in. I had ordered a glass of orange juice and some waffles topped with nutella, strawberries and some cream. Honestly, the only thing that was missing was some ice cream.

"Don't forget about the yacht party this evening."

"Noted. Mia is on top if everything."

"She had the best resumè."

I simply nodded as I didn't know what to say.

Nicholas had only ordered a black coffee. No sugar. No milk. It was how I made it for him back at the office.

"Would you like to start speaking about your business?"

"Now?"

"There's not time better than the present, sweetheart."

I sighed, "I don't really have a detailed idea."

"Well what do you have?"

"I want it to be called Pearl Graphics and I want it to be the best graphic design in the whole of New York."

"Only New York? Sweetheart, you have to be more ambitious."

"I see." I said just as a blonde haired girl came running at Nick with her lips puckered.

"Nicholas!" She cried.

Hey Guys!

I hope you enjoyed this update! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section and please consider leaving a vote too!

See you next update!

Xoxo
Perla